• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Although December, It's Still HOT! Happy Holidays :) !

107 posts in this topic

OK, first of all, WOW! Your hard work and effort really paid off with some great sketches. I am continually amazed by the quality and amazing items the witnesses on here are able to produce evry year.

I am trying to say this next comment without sounding like I am putting your items down, as I am pretty sure I am in a minority...

I collect Dr. Doom items and love the sketches you were able to get from some of the greats! That being said, for some reason I look at them and can't help but think the Stan Lee signature takes away from the sketch/item rather than enhance it. To me it just doesn't look like it belongs on there and to me ruins the sketch to a degree. Again, I in no way want this to sound like I think what you have is awful, far from it you have great stuff...I guess I am just wondering if anyone else feels the same way or if I am on an island all myself here. I'd love to hear thoughts form others.

If I am going to keep a book for my collection I want Stan Lee on it, it is that simple. I think it adds to the value. Personally I look at Stan Lee like walt disney, and I look at these great comic artists as creators and also people who can help me make totally unique one of a kind collectibles................

so would you just want a sketch of mickey mouse by an illustrator, or would you want that sketch signed by Disney himself.........?

oh Mushie one other thing to help rationalize my insanity................

I really only got into comics towards the end of college 20ish 21ish........now I just turned 26........so I never owned a ton of keys or classic comic books to get signed by the legends...........if I wanted one it would cost me some$$ and I spend all of my money commissioning artists.........

I agree completely with you bro.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Stan Lee and Joe Simon wont live forever :( and I think we all know comics are looked down upon and are always on the decrease in value. I mean, sure they've got more respected, but they're no where near as respected as they should be. I predict... in 30 years or so, a Stan Lee CGC SS will be worth A LOT of money.

I like that comparison that you told me before Sean - about Stan Lee being the modern Walt Disney.

I agree completely with you bro.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Stan Lee and Joe Simon wont live forever :( and I think we all know comics are looked down upon and are always on the decrease in value. I mean, sure they've got more respected, but they're no where near as respected as they should be. I predict... in 30 years or so, a Stan Lee CGC SS will be worth A LOT of money.

I like that comparison that you told me before Sean - about Stan Lee being the modern Walt Disney.

Interesting analogy. "Modern day Walt Disney". Of course, if Walt had lived he'd only be 20 years older than Stan. lol

It's all good. What Joe Simon and Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and all the other greats have contributed to American Culture is almost immeasurable. And it's only just begun because the mouse buying the spider probably means all those films can get made and done correctly. With Avatar we see, the 3D possibilities kicking in. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to go to the movies again. And it's nice to see Sean with one of the guys who kicked off back in 1940.

Think about how long ago that is. How many things last 70 years?

Bill.