• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 SIGGY AWARD WINNERS ARE...

71 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

I've been pretty sick for the last few days and traveling yesterday really took it out of me, but this really raised my spirits! Thanks to all of you who made my first year (well 6 months) as a witness a great experience. I hope to help out a lot more of you in 2010!

and the last award for this year...

Witness of the Year

Competition was tough

Mutantkeys

NYComics

DesertWind

thecollector

do you own an SS book? If you do, one of these guys probably got your signatures whether you know it or not.

Each and everyone of them is deserving of this award and I personally want to thank them for being die-hards, mentally unstable and some of the best SS has to offer!

Close, close, close vote...

and the winner is...

wait, have we taken a 2nd commerical yet?

no?

Chandler said he would pay for the spot and get on with it?

okay...

and the Siggy goes to...

KRIS MOORE, thecollector

Congratulations Kris, I know 5 minutes after reading this you will be out scraping up cash to get a tatoo similar to Tupac (ThugLife) that says WOTY on your stomach...

photos to follow...

Wow 2 awards in one year. Well I would like to thank the following for their help,support, business ect. Chandler Rice, Triston Pence, Jon Jespersen, Mutant Keys, Peter Palmer, Chainnball, Somewhere in texas, Joel Elad, Jesse Campbell and Paul Litch. While I may have pulled off some amazing signatures this year. Many of them wouldn't have been possible without people paying for me to go, people pulling some strings to help me get some awesome sigs, getting other signatures for me while I go and get some of the impossible ones. For everyone that I mentioned and the ones who have helped me that I did not mention Thanks.

Best Modern Book of the Year

Michael Turner Tribute book signed by 41 in 9.8

had it been my book I probably would have held a 9.9 but...

KIDDING KIDDING!!!!

Just an outstanding book and personally a book I don't think can be topped anytime soon...!

Wow... Like Kris said, to win 2 awards, it's very gratifying. Especially the Modern award, given the amazing competition. And now to make an acceptance speech without going "Elad long"? I think that's almost as hard as getting this book done. :)

Thanks have to go to Paul Litch and CGC for agreeing to grade and type up the insane label for this book, the great folks at Aspen, Top Cow, Wildstorm, and all the friends and talent of Mike who agreed to sign this book, and of course, props to a great artist who we all miss, Mr. Michael Turner. Anyone who met him, got a signature and/or sketch by him, or just enjoyed his artwork knows what an impact he has had and will continue to have. This book is my way of honoring a friendship I had with Mike that went back over 10 years.

This book means so much that I'm going stir crazy coming up with the right way to auction it off and generate as much money for Mike's two designated charities as possible. (American Cancer Society & Make A Wish Foundation) Ideas are always welcome. :) Expect an announcement by early January.

Finally, thank you to JJ, Brian, and all the great witnesses I got to work with this year, and for organizing the Siggys! :) And yes, JJ, I bet in your magic hands, this book would've seen a 9.9 or 10! ;) hehe Next year, I say we add a category for most "(Gem) Mint" submissions.

Joel

[Multi Signature Book of the Year Award...

Michael Turner Tribute Book signed by 41

41 signatures, I don't even think most conventions have 41 guests and this is all on one book...

(be cool if he displayed it at the CGC book on the SS side sometime :baiting:)[/b]

This book went to the NYCC, WonderCon, Emerald City, Super-Con, Earth-2 Store opening in LA, and finally the San Diego Comic Con! Too bad the back cover wasn't conducive to signatures or I might've gone for 50! :)

As for displaying it at the CGC booth... I think something can be arranged... :) Any show in particular?

Joel

MLTtribute.jpg

Best Book of the Year

and the Siggy goes to...

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #72

Signed by Barry Windsor Smith and Hugh Jackman

Owned by and witnesses by MutantKeys

A fantastic book with just 1 signature by either the great BWS (whom we all love!) or Hugh Jackman (again, whom we would all like to have!)

Thanks to all for voting for the current SS Jewel in my collection. I'd also like to give thanks to all those witnesses who have helped to make me and the SS program even better than last year. And last but not least, all of you customers... we couldn't do it without you!

91379.jpg.8f99725d4c9034753b22a7c5b7fb50f6.jpg

Congrats to all the winners and to the whole witness crew at CGC for doing an amazing job.

I know many of you have made this a special year for me and for that I say thank you.

Happy Holidays to all you sketch and signature hounds.