• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Store Closing - Where To Buy New Comics On-Line?

28 posts in this topic

It looks like the local comic shop that I've been buying comics at for 20 years will be closing soon. If that happens then the closest shop is a 120 mile round trip from where I live.

Do any of you buy your new comics on-line? Any recommendations for dependable, easy to use and discount priced on-line comic vendors would be appreciated.

Me! tongue.gif

I'll hook you up or I've often praised www.comic-central.com and www.comicsinfinity.com for their higrade quality books. They are very good on subscriptions and filling your orders, packing and I believe there are tiers of discounts depending on what you spend, 10, 15 to 25 %.

Sorry about your local shop - nothing beats going in and reading some of the stuff ("trying" a title "on") before taking them home with you...

rofl..I just have him charge it to my CC bill monthly. I haven't the slightest clue who he is either, that was why I was asking you tongue.gif

He's a good cheap shipper too. It's costing me 3 dollars for him to ship 5 titles each shipment.

Brian

Do you send him a check before I after you receive the merchandise?

IF I were buying new books, here are the books I would subscribe to on a monthly basis:

DC books: (I'm one of the 3 people that collect DC books)

ACTION COMICS

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

BATMAN

BATMAN LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT

DETECTIVE COMICS

FLASH, THE

JLA

SUPERMAN

Marvel books:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

AVENGERS

DAREDEVIL

INCREDIBLE HULK

IRON MAN

NEW X-MEN

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN

ULTIMATE X-MEN

ULTIMATES

UNCANNY X-MEN

WOLVERINE

Sorry about all the caps, it's a cut & paste job wink.gif

I actually try and send it out once he emails me the invoice. I didn't get it off this month until I received the books. Never had a problem.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the books I ordered this month...

All the 100 Bullets TPBs...have to see what all the hype is about...I better not be disappointed! wink.gif

I'm one of the 3 people that collect DC books

I collect DC but don't admit it wink.gif

Actually I think I'm the only collector on this forum of Top Cow books. Or the only one that "reads them for the story" and admits it...

Witchblade

Tomb Raider

Darkness

Battle Of The Planets

GI Joe

Rising Stars (Ricky reads this too!)

I'm currently subscribed to...Amazing Spider-man, Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate X-men, and Avengers...books I'll probably start getting..Hulk, and New X-men. Some books I'll be checking out thanks to Wizard..Y-the last man, Goon, and Exiles. Btw, is there still a Thunderbolts series?

Brian