• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Draws The HOTTEST Babes?

388 posts in this topic

Dave Stevens is no.1 in my book,he had the ability to make you forget that they're drawings.Even though they're not photorealistic or trying to be anything more than just beautiful illustrations,there's some kind of light in the eyes,some warmth in the faces,that actually make them seem like real characters.

Ab-so-fricken-lutely. (thumbs u

stevens_rocketeerv2c1p21.jpg

That's a beautiful piece of OA.

The great thing about Stevens' work is that he draws from models, (nothing beats drawing from life), and more importantly, that he inks with a brush. It's what gives his work that lush, organic feel.

That's a masterful piece of drawing you've got there. Congratulations.

An Artist who was so, so extraodrianary was Jose "Pepe" Gonzalaz.

He was well known for his Vampirella artwork (and I do mean ARTWORK).

for those of you who do not know of him, do a google search, and checkout CAF:

you will be very, very pleased.

Member Gene Park has some great original Pepe artwork.

Are you telling me to go look at Gene's Pepe?

Are you telling me to go look at Gene's Pepe?

:o

Let us not forget Jack Cole, who went on to work for Hugh Hefner at Playboy. Heres a selection of his work in pen and ink, wash, and water colors.

police51.jpg

KBS-Cole-05-LG.jpg

cole3.jpg

cole1copy.jpg

To me Dave Stevens was the king of the modern era.Even if it was drek on the inside it was worth the price just for the cover.

For GA Frank Frazetta.Check out some of those Personal Love books.Outsatanding.

Honorable mention to Matt baker.Phantom Lady and seven seas are also outstanding.

Christmas treat time for all us you nerdy, spotty, breadstick-armed geeks! :banana:

I was looking at a few Adam Hughes Catwoman covers last night and it got me to thinking...just who draws the HOTTEST comic babes?

I'm not talking about 'the best representation of the female form' Nor am I talking about who's the best artist in general. What I want to know is who draws female characters that make the sweat stand out on your brow and your hands tremble?

I'll maybe run a poll later and will consider all suggestions. However, I've got five of my own that get the blood pumping. :insane:

I want to personally thank you for creating the best thread of 2009, only 4 days before the year ends.

(worship)

Dave Stevens is no.1 in my book,he had the ability to make you forget that they're drawings.Even though they're not photorealistic or trying to be anything more than just beautiful illustrations,there's some kind of light in the eyes,some warmth in the faces,that actually make them seem like real characters.

Ab-so-fricken-lutely. (thumbs u

stevens_rocketeerv2c1p21.jpg

I just ***** ** in my pants a little.

:cloud9:

I would put Matt Baker up there.

His ability to get across the feminine form and feminine mannerisms was unparalleled. He made it look real. He wasn't drawing pin ups, he was drawing anatomy and flow.

TrueLovePictorial4.jpg

TrueLovePictorial11-1.jpg

TrueLovePictorial5.jpg

Wally Wood was a genius, but he was such a tortured soul that he committed suicide. I'm convinced that the same things that tortured him made him great.

Eerie1IDW.jpg

Disclaimer: I don't own a lot of these books but they are great.

shock-suspenstories-6-front.jpg

Many great candidates here - I'd like to add Alex Toth, Jordi Bernet and Bill Elder to the list.

The adolescent fanboy in most of us is fortunate that many comic book artists spent way too much time practicing drawing women while they were honing their skills.

I'll have to dissent when it comes to comes to JIm Balloontits though, there is a right way and a wrong way to draw large busted women, and his women just look ridiculous to me.

Many great candidates here - I'd like to add Alex Toth, Jordi Bernet and Bill Elder to the list.

The adolescent fanboy in most of us is fortunate that many comic book artists spent way too much time practicing drawing women while they were honing their skills.

I'll have to dissent when it comes to comes to JIm Balloontits though, there is a right way and a wrong way to draw large busted women, and his women just look ridiculous to me.

This post is useless without pics.

:baiting: