• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CREEPY #29 - scarce or high demand issue

27 posts in this topic

I think it's somewhat scarce. Also scarce are 32,38 and 41. Sometimes Jim Warren dropped the number of copies he stocked for back issues (for whatever reason). Other hard to find issues are between 130-144.

BTW the cover artist is Vic Prezio. Here is another cover of his you might find amusing --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kona,_Monarch_of_Monster_Isle

I think it's somewhat scarce. Also scarce are 32,38 and 41. Sometimes Jim Warren dropped the number of copies he stocked for back issues (for whatever reason). Other hard to find issues are between 130-144.

BTW the cover artist is Vic Prezio. Here is another cover of his you might find amusing --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kona,_Monarch_of_Monster_Isle

I think you might be right regarding scarcity. I just found an old thread from nearly 2 years ago with a creepy in raw VF8.0 selling for $100.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=756390&fpart=12

In my opinion its the hardest creepy, way tougher then #32, and to be honest I see more Eerie #17's than Creepy 29's.

I think i agree with you. When i look on dealers sites even though i hardly see creepy #32 and Eeerie #17 i never seem to see Creepy #29.

In my opinion its the hardest creepy, way tougher then #32, and to be honest I see more Eerie #17's than Creepy 29's.

Really? I finally picked up my first reasonably priced copy a few weeks ago. Must look harder.

Eerie #17 has only its rarity going for it. Since it brings in some good money it gets sold because only a completionist would want to keep it.

Dan

creepy29.jpg

Just for some visual reference here :)

Creepy #29 is indeed one of the tougher to find issues of the entire series. I would not say that it is in high demand, but for hcore Warren collectors they know that this is one tough book to find in decent shape. Shiver mentioned that he sees a lot more Eerie #17's which I agree with (in seeing more of those available). What I wonder though is if Creepy #29 had the same tag as "scarce" in OSPG as Eerie #17 does would we actually see more Creepy #29's floating around for sell hm

Another issue from the creepy series which I think is very close to the difficulty of Creepy #29 is #19. At the very least, this is one tough book to find in HG. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a copy of this book for sale above VF/NM 9.0 in either raw or graded...

creepy19.jpg

-bounty

Thanks, I didn't even want to think about my #19 :cry:

It was probably a NM or NM- until an unfortuante accident with some tape, small, but there none the less. I may still submit it one day, it could still probably pull a 9.0. I stuck in the back of a box so I didn't have to think about it, I might dig it out one day and send it in. I keep hoping to find a better one, but no luck so far.

:P

I tend to agree with you about the scarce tag and the #29, there are probably some #29's out there, but most people don't realize they are sought after so they don't even try to sell them. Both covers are by Vic Prezo and pretty cool.

creepy29.jpg

Just for some visual reference here :)

Creepy #29 is indeed one of the tougher to find issues of the entire series. I would not say that it is in high demand, but for hcore Warren collectors they know that this is one tough book to find in decent shape. Shiver mentioned that he sees a lot more Eerie #17's which I agree with (in seeing more of those available). What I wonder though is if Creepy #29 had the same tag as "scarce" in OSPG as Eerie #17 does would we actually see more Creepy #29's floating around for sell hm

Another issue from the creepy series which I think is very close to the difficulty of Creepy #29 is #19. At the very least, this is one tough book to find in HG. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a copy of this book for sale above VF/NM 9.0 in either raw or graded...

creepy19.jpg

-bounty

Agree with you on the #29, not so much on the #19. They don't seem to be any more or less prevalent that surrounding issues here in Toronto.

Agree with you on the #29, not so much on the #19. They don't seem to be any more or less prevalent that surrounding issues here in Toronto.

Ooooh, you have access to any NM or so #19's for your good ole' buddy boy bounty? :insane:

Yeah, get a few and put up in the marketplace or something, I'm sure you could sell them, there are only 2 graded, and only 1 (the 9.2) in all of the registry sets. No record of any sales in GPA.

I would take one :takeit:

Ooooh, you have access to any NM or so #19's for your good ole' buddy boy bounty? :insane:

Yeah, get a few and put up in the marketplace or something, I'm sure you could sell them, there are only 2 graded, and only 1 (the 9.2) in all of the registry sets. No record of any sales in GPA.

I have zero interest in slabbed books. However, there is a local convention at the end of the month and if I find a strong 9.2 copy at the show, I will sell it to you at my cost. (thumbs u

I have zero interest in slabbed books. However, there is a local convention at the end of the month and if I find a strong 9.2 copy at the show, I will sell it to you at my cost. (thumbs u

:baiting: who get's dibs? :slapfight:

I will flip you for it, how much do you weigh? lol

I will flip you for it, how much do you weigh? lol

In my current glory... 279#'s :blush: ... :sumo: Though I think whomever has less slabs should get dibs ^^

Me with slabs? I have a few, but no #19's, so we are equal on that.

I already strained a back muscle just thinking about trying to flip you :kidaround:

Maybe he will find 2 and make it easier, but if there is only one, you can have it :foryou: