• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPB/GN Reviews (Zanziber's Point Of View)

77 posts in this topic

You are a lot like me...catching up on things from years ago :)

True enough. I wish I hadn't sold much of my collection over the years. I'd love to be able to read some of my old X-Men and Spider-Man again. I also had the entire collection of the Preacher series, and now I'm trying to recollect them.

I enjoy reading your reviews.

One thing I'd like to see though is more commentary on why a book got it's rating? For example, why did the Preacher get only 4 out of 5? What could it have done to get a 5?

Both your Preacher reviews, the trades got 4/5.

I'd give them both 5's. Although, I'm a little biased as it was one of the first books I read upon my return to collecting. I was blown away by the series. I couldn't believe they could do that in comics. :o

I enjoy reading your reviews.

One thing I'd like to see though is more commentary on why a book got it's rating? For example, why did the Preacher get only 4 out of 5? What could it have done to get a 5?

Both your Preacher reviews, the trades got 4/5.

I'd give them both 5's. Although, I'm a little biased as it was one of the first books I read upon my return to collecting. I was blown away by the series. I couldn't believe they could do that in comics. :o

I appreciate your feedback, and will work on adding more commentary for future reviews. I love the work done on the Preacher series, but I wouldn't deem to give it a perfect rating. Yes, the writing is great and the art is good, but not nearly perfect.

My idea of a perfect trade would be a story that keeps me interested and entertained, but artwork that also keeps my attention. Most of the trades that I rate at a 4 I do so because I and enthralled in the story, and the art is great, but the art doesn't always keep my interest. I guess there's probably more to it than that, but it's hard to put it to words.

If I ever find a trade that I feel I would give a perfect 5/5 rating, I don't know what I would do.