• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Cockrum Uncanny X-men page!

6 posts in this topic

Great page from the Brood storyline. I loved Dave's 2nd run on the X-Men especially X-Men #153, Kitty's Fairy Tales, (always looking for pages from the story) one of my favorite stories. His 2nd run has always been over looked and many put it down. I don't know why it has some of the best writing and art. I felt Joe Rubinstein and Dave made a great art team. Here is what I consider one of the best pages from Dave's run on the X-Men.

Uncanny_xmen_153_.jpg

Dave Cockrum's X-Men run was great in both the 1st round and 2nd round. The Kitty's Fairy Tale story was amongst the best.

From what I read and think I know, the last piece Dave Cockrum did before he passed away that was published was the X-Men Giant Size #3 Cover that was a collaboration with then Astonishing X-Men artist, John Cassaday, a reimagined version of the historic if not "iconic" :) Gil Kane & Dave Cockrum artwork featured as the original Giant Size X-Men #1 cover.

The Dave Cockrum art was also used for the retail box for the X-Men trading card set this past year, 2009 too. That cover, Giant Size X-Men #3 is my favorite for all of those reasons, better than Giant Size #1 in that I think that was Gil Kane Pencils with Dave Cockrum inks from what I believe, where Giant Size X-Men #3 has Dave Cockrum pencils (of the center art) and John Cassaday pencils (of the top art) putting two great artists and their styles together but independentl to be appreciated separate or as one masterpiece.