• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Learn all about my latest eBay blunder, here.

31 posts in this topic

One thing I can tell you is that it is NOT a 1st Print, all first prints say Direct Market edition in the UPC box, that book is either a Payless, Kay-bee toys or Checkers variant, depending on the back cover ad.

Okay, I'm the jerk who bought this on ebay in the auction above. I didn't pay close attention, there were a ton of bids, so I threw down the $40 bid. Got the book yesterday and I was like... waiiiitt onnne seeccond. :frustrated:

Do you guys think I have a case against the seller?

One thing I can tell you is that it is NOT a 1st Print, all first prints say Direct Market edition in the UPC box, that book is either a Payless, Kay-bee toys or Checkers variant, depending on the back cover ad.

Aside from that, the 1st print also has a Comics Code stamp right above the UPC box. Marvel still used them back then.

Okay, I'm the jerk who bought this on ebay in the auction above. I didn't pay close attention, there were a ton of bids, so I threw down the $40 bid. Got the book yesterday and I was like... waiiiitt onnne seeccond. :frustrated:

If the seller is HONEST they would give you your money back. If not, I think ebay is going to say you got what the auction was for, a Ultimate Spider-Man #1

I would surely contact the seller and see what they have to say about the issue.

:wishluck:

The Payless variant doesn't have the UPC box, but it could also be the Wal-Mart exclusive edition - no matter what, it'll be stated in the indicia which type of reprint it is.

If the seller is HONEST they would give you your money back. If not, I think ebay is going to say you got what the auction was for, a Ultimate Spider-Man #1

I would surely contact the seller and see what they have to say about the issue.

:wishluck:

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I disagree with the above though about "its an Ultimate Spider-man #1". I think that's like saying a Thomas Jefferson signature reprint is a Thomas Jefferson signature. You're basically describing the item at it's most basic without giving any details. Another example.. calling a GRR Avengers 4 an Avengers 4. It's NOT an Avengers 4, that is not true. What do you other guys think?

Something is fishy... the seller emailed me and told me he had 2 more of these books and he would sell them to me for $60 for both. Sounds like he is trying to take advantage of me (the uninformed buyer) again!!

So I sent him this message...

"Lee, thanks for the offer, but in fact, I've discovered that this is NOT a true Ultimate-Spider-Man #1, but a reprint edition. Therefore, I would like to return the book. Since your auction simply stated the comic as Ultimate Spider-Man #1, I accepted this to be accurate. But it's actually a KB Toys reprint, which I think you would be lucky to get $10 for. I'm not sure if you knew about this or not. Anyways, please let me know where I can ship this back to you with delivery confirmation. Thanks!"