• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brit-Pack Dealer Member discounts?

109 posts in this topic

Hmm - lately all the Brit led posts have lead me to the conclusion that there's tons of ego's out there and quite a few prima-donna's.

The guy just asked a f***ing question. When I'm at the marts, I always ask for a discount too.

If it's not boasting about booze (yawn), or salivating over large breasts - it's contributing to the cult of personality.

What happened to British discretion and reserve?

Next thing we'll start calling comic collectors "hobbyists", talking about PRESSING like it's something new (surely we all did that with heavy books on our 2000ADs when we werre kids) and quite honestly, going into chummy chummy postings that verge on limp-wristedness.

arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

And I'm from Leeds too.

Ewan, please excuse us fellow Brits for making friends and having a bit of banter with each other. I hadn't realised it was annoying you but I'm sure we can all adjust our behaviour to suit you.

As for us verging on limp-wristedness, based on that comment alone, I'd say that you're verging on being a *spoon*

BTW, no I didn't flatten my 2000AD's when I was a kid. Neither did I put them in a press or heat them or moisten them so that I could get more money from whoever I sold them to.

Oh dear.

1. You missed my point entirely. But if you could adjust your behaivour - YES, YOU ONLY - that would be most welcomed.

2. Which swear word did you use? I can then confirm or deny whether you're right. Or perhaps 'spoon' was the best insult you could come up with?

3. Well, you missed out big time then! I used to use my Dad's huge "Whipett Flying Encyclopedia". Worked a treat.

Seriously, I've never actually read a pressing thread (how dull must they be) but are you saying people use real-presses! Heat them (what in a cooker?) And worst still, moisten :sick: them? And you were offended by my limp-wrist comment! Crikey.

1. I missed your point? What was it then? How would you like ME ONLY to adjust my behaviour? (shrug)

2. I just typed out *spoon*, I could have come up with better insults but your post didn't seem worth it.

3. Good for you, The point that I was trying to make was that not everyone feels the need to flatten out comics and also that there is a big difference between sticking something heavyish on a comic to make it look better for yourself and professionally pressing comics for profit. If you're not interested in it then, yes a pressing thread would no doubt be very dull for you.

Seriously, if I've missed the point of your post then I'd love to know what it was. As far as I can tell, you've just got a problem with the way that the British contingent on the boards posts on here. Apparently we're not discreet or reserved enough for you. What am I missing? (shrug)

1. That there was no point. It was vague satire.

2. That's insulting then.

3. Well nor do I either. I made it up about the book. Are you pro-pressing then?

:popcorn:

I like big breasts and my wrists hurt on occasion- does that make me a bad person hm

Is there a direct connection? You aren't like this on your other message board.

I'm just miserable over there and far too serious.

I like big breasts and my wrists hurt on occasion- does that make me a bad person hm

Indeed. I've always wanted to start a thread entitled, "Which comics have you batted one out to?" ...but haven't dared, or in fact ever done such a vile thing, before anyone suggests so.

Though slabs have a certain advantage.

Indeed. I've always wanted to start a thread entitled, "Which comics have you batted one out to?" ...but haven't dared, or in fact ever done such a vile thing, before anyone suggests so.

im going to guess, better protection? lol

Some jazzy stuff here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3711798#Post3711798

3. Well nor do I either. I made it up about the book. Are you pro-pressing then?

1. Well if there wasn't a point, it's no wonder I missed the point.

2. Success. :banana:

3. Well, I'll rest far easier knowing that you didn't flatten your 2000AD's. :whee:

.....and no, I'm anti pressing.

1. Well if there wasn't a point, it's no wonder I missed the point.

2. Success. :banana:

3. Well, I'll rest far easier knowing that you didn't flatten your 2000AD's. :whee:

.....and no, I'm anti pressing.

CALM DOWN,CALM DOWN!

scouse-wig-tash-set-334-p.jpg

Huh? I am calm. I thought that everyone was calm now. If I get any calmer, I'll fall asleep. What was uncalm about my post? If I make my post any calmer, I'll probably be accused of limp-wristedness. :eek: