• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #40 9.2 values af15, jim83,tos39,ff1,hulk1, tta27, xmen1,

124 posts in this topic

I'm at a loss to understand why OSPG doesn't at least attempt to try to more accurately reflect the prices that are actually paid in the market.

For relatively low demand, low to mid-grade books, prices in the OSPG seem to be about twice what they really sell for.

I see sales threads here that are constantly selling strictly graded non-key silver age books for 1/3-1/2 guide. I buy them pretty consistently on Ebay for about the same.

Are there people out there who are actually selling the non-key lower grade stuff at anywhere near guide? I see an awful lot of it priced at guide at conventions and local comic stores, but it never seems to sell at those prices.

Likewise, the Golden Age Timelys are consistently severely undervalued in the guide.

It just seems silly to put out a price guide that never seems to reflect the actual marketplace.

Well, I think there is a huge white elephant in the room that no-one wishes to discuss so let me just say it is to the Dealer's advantage for the Guide to under-value key books in the guide. Non-key, lower grade stuff can always be refused.

I'm at a loss to understand why OSPG doesn't at least attempt to try to more accurately reflect the prices that are actually paid in the market.

For relatively low demand, low to mid-grade books, prices in the OSPG seem to be about twice what they really sell for.

I see sales threads here that are constantly selling strictly graded non-key silver age books for 1/3-1/2 guide. I buy them pretty consistently on Ebay for about the same.

Are there people out there who are actually selling the non-key lower grade stuff at anywhere near guide? I see an awful lot of it priced at guide at conventions and local comic stores, but it never seems to sell at those prices.

Likewise, the Golden Age Timelys are consistently severely undervalued in the guide.

It just seems silly to put out a price guide that never seems to reflect the actual marketplace.

Well, I think there is a huge white elephant in the room that no-one wishes to discuss so let me just say it is to the Dealer's advantage for the Guide to under-value key books in the guide. Non-key, lower grade stuff can always be refused.

That rumor has been around for as long as I remember

Who still sells direct to a dealer in this day and age? There are so many venues to either auction your books or consign them to a fixed-price listing.

Who still sells direct to a dealer in this day and age? There are so many venues to either auction your books or consign them to a fixed-price listing.

Brick and mortar stores, & conventions. Happens all the time!