• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Please don't convert them to MP3s. Use a lossless format to rip and then convert to your format of choice if your player can't play the lossless format. Google is your friend. I think Lifehacker has a good article on this.

Oh, meant I'm converting to apple lossless...or MP4. Saves space, but I did buy the WD 1.5 Terabyte external. That should be able to hold my 3,000 cd's.

I've got a question though, after I'm done with my CD's I would like to burn my DVD movies onto my hard drive. How do I get past the key encryption? I'm doing this in prep for my deployment to Afghanistan.

DVD Shrink its a great program.

DVD Shrink

Please don't convert them to MP3s. Use a lossless format to rip and then convert to your format of choice if your player can't play the lossless format. Google is your friend. I think Lifehacker has a good article on this.

Oh, meant I'm converting to apple lossless...or MP4. Saves space, but I did buy the WD 1.5 Terabyte external. That should be able to hold my 3,000 cd's.

I've got a question though, after I'm done with my CD's I would like to burn my DVD movies onto my hard drive. How do I get past the key encryption? I'm doing this in prep for my deployment to Afghanistan.

:o When/where are you going? Keep your head down!

DVD Shrink

Was reading some of the user comments, I think I also need a dvd decoder for movies to play direct from my hard drive.

Soon, so if you guys don't hear from me for a year...that's where I'll be!

DVD Shrink

Was reading some of the user comments, I think I also need a dvd decoder for movies to play direct from my hard drive.

Power DVD is normally free to pick up (thumbs u

DVD Shrink

Can your Cp play DVD's? If so what I would do is rip the DVD's you want to take with you along with blank dvd's and burn as you want to watch.

I know this sounds corny, but I don't know how else to say it... Be careful over there, Vaughn. :foryou:

So do we shun Michael Phelps because he used a suit that is now illegal? Let's take away all the gold medals he and anyone else earned wearing those suits. Let's rescind all those World Records too.

this is news to me...and fascinating news at that...off to Google I go....

I know this sounds corny, but I don't know how else to say it... Be careful over there, Vaughn. :foryou:

Be careful? Hell, that country should be careful of me!

DVD Shrink

Power DVD is normally free to pick up (thumbs u

I've used DVD Shrink also. There's a program that can convert the .vod files to an .mpg file that can then be viewed with any media player just about.

Todd Snider collection

We have something in common. :whatthe:

When do you leave? If you'll be around this week... such that a disc would have time to get to you... drop me a PM with your mailing address.

Good luck out there. :wishluck:

Don't forget to send me your address... I didn't forget about the care packages (and baby wipes) ..maybe I'll start a thread. We need to take care of you.

Todd Snider collection

When do you leave? If you'll be around this week... such that a disc would have time to get to you... drop me a PM with your mailing address.

You'd be surprised at to what I listen to ;) Even though I'm a middle of the road conservative, I like a variaty of different music. Hell, I even have the full works of Ani DiFranco (Living In Clip is her best album btw).

And thanks for the offer! I'll shoot ya a PM

Don't forget to send me your address... I didn't forget about the care packages (and baby wipes) ..maybe I'll start a thread. We need to take care of you.

Don't have my address yet, but if I get internet connection over where I'll be I'll let ya know. Baby Wipes :cloud9: Wish I had a ton of those on my first deployment!

You'd be surprised at to what I listen to ;) Even though I'm a middle of the road conservative, I like a variaty of different music. Hell, I even have the full works of Ani DiFranco (Living In Clip is her best album btw).

mgfaint.gif

Want a couple of bootlegs? She's coming to StL in April. It'll be my third Ani show in 4 years. She's amazing live.

mgfaint.gif

Want a couple of bootlegs? She's coming to StL in April. It'll be my third Ani show in 4 years. She's amazing live.

Dude, send me her bootlegs. I love her live stuff a hellava lot better than her studio ones. I haven't seen her live, only because i'm a 30 something year old dude...and that would be weird if I went alone.

And if you like Ani, I'm sure you've listened to Regina Spektor by now.

Todd Snider collection

Todd is a great, great song writer. A young John Prine!

And yes, Trooper, please be careful and come home safe!

Only the one album, Begin to Hope. The wife and I were gonna go see Spektor, but couldn't get a babysitter.

Have you got any of the official bootlegs? I've got one, maybe two I can't remember. The unofficial I have is House of Blues from 2005 I think and here at the Pageant in StL in 2006. That show I went by myself and befriended a nice little girrrl from Minnesota. It was both of our first Ani show.