• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

:hi: John! Why the name change? BTW, cool choice!

lol

Trying to rule the world I think is better than being Ontilt.

:o I like it

my old name or new one?

lol

You realize that NO ONE is going to know who you are, now.... ;)

Already taken care of via PM's. :baiting:

See my signature as well.

lol

:o I like it

my old name or new one?

New one, never was crazy about the old one.

Watson told me he really liked the old one better. lol

This thread is a cluster-mess anyway might as well spin into a name change thread a little. hm

Closer to the point, if Steve Wynn buys a $30 million Vermeer, is it his right to destroy it if he wants?

Wynn can not only destroy it, he can restore it.

Wynn ain't much of a custodian

New York woman falls, rips Picasso painting. doh!

captphoto126442548540410.jpg

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

In the words of the immortal Greggy, prove it.

Hmmmm.no......I'll just pull a "foolkiller" and drop a bomb then refuse to respond after several requests.

Wrong :sumo:

I think he's actually referring to a thread where I alluded to some dealers who have actively placed books back on the wall knowing they had touch to them or resto pointed out.

These "name names" threads on dealers never go well and as Nick pointed out, have been previously discussed. There were repeated requests for an answer from two members... as most of the older members were not interested in the rehash.

Dan seems to know VA Cliff and I'm sure he's perfectly fine guy -- but my point is, the people in this thread aren't going to care about this info unless someone comes forward with first hand knowledge or proof. I wasn't asking anyone to give credibility to what I was saying either way. I frankly don't care. I know what I know, and I'm not asking him to actually come forward with anything, that's his business and if he does fine and if he doesn't fine too.

I also know VA Cliff and he is definitely (thumbs u . Many of you likely know him too from shows but just don't realize it.

That said, it doesn't help anyone for a board member to insinuate they know something but yet not share it. Best not to say anything at all. I am struggling trying to understand why people aren't sharing information. Cliff has been in comics for a long time but hasn't really joined the forum family yet so he has nothing to prove.

But as I understand it there are others here on the boards who have been around for awhile and talk the talk yet are intentionally withholding information. I find that more problematic and disturbing than the fact Ewert may be buying or selling comics. If you can't trust or count on your "friends", (tsk)

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

Hmmmm.no......I'll just pull a "foolkiller" and drop a bomb then refuse to respond after several requests.

I think he's actually referring to a thread where I alluded to some dealers who have actively placed books back on the wall knowing they had touch to them or resto pointed out.

These "name names" threads on dealers never go well and as Nick pointed out, have been previously discussed. There were repeated requests for an answer from two members... as most of the older members were not interested in the rehash.

Dan seems to know VA Cliff and I'm sure he's perfectly fine guy -- but my point is, the people in this thread aren't going to care about this info unless someone comes forward with first hand knowledge or proof. I wasn't asking anyone to give credibility to what I was saying either way. I frankly don't care. I know what I know, and I'm not asking him to actually come forward with anything, that's his business and if he does fine and if he doesn't fine too.

I also know VA Cliff and he is definitely (thumbs u . Many of you likely know him too from shows but just don't realize it.

That said, it doesn't help anyone for a board member to insinuate they know something but yet not share it. Best not to say anything at all. I am struggling trying to understand why people aren't sharing information. Cliff has been in comics for a long time but hasn't really joined the forum family yet so he has nothing to prove.

But as I understand it there are others here on the boards who have been around for awhile and talk the talk yet are intentionally withholding information. I find that more problematic and disturbing than the fact Ewert may be buying or selling comics. If you can't trust or count on your "friends", (tsk)

Mark, sharing information you can't verify isn't really helping anyone. I really have no idea who has this "first hand information" hence my comment to VA Cliff. He seems to know that someone does have first hand information. Regardless, the idea that the board members are somehow insulating each other is a bit idealistic when there's issues such as pressing which seem to bitterly divide people and some will not be forthcoming on those issues either because of philosophical differences.

The bottom line is that I personally am hesitant to "share" information when the end result is you can't really verify some of the "stories" you've been told. I believe many of them, but I can't verify them. Dealers rely on their reputations and I think it's irresponsible to try tearing someone down based on something where you may only have part of the story or information. I agree that if you solid information you should share it.

Wrong.

Mark, sharing information you can't verify isn't really helping anyone. I really have no idea who has this "first hand information" hence my comment to VA Cliff. He seems to know that someone does have first hand information. Regardless, the idea that the board members are somehow insulating each other is a bit idealistic when there's issues such as pressing which seem to bitterly divide people and some will not be forthcoming on those issues either because of philosophical differences.

The bottom line is that I personally am hesitant to "share" information when the end result is you can't really verify some of the "stories" you've been told. I believe many of them, but I can't verify them. Dealers rely on their reputations and I think it's irresponsible to try tearing someone down based on something where you may only have part of the story or information. I agree that if you solid information you should share it.

Brian, I don't know what Cliff may or may not know, or for that matter any other specific forumite. You and I are not on different pages here. I'm not looking for board members to convey third or fourth hand info. Second-hand info may be appropriate depending upon what it is and more precisely because it would identify who has first-hand info. But that is a decision the holder of the second-hand info needs to make. As I don't know the circumstances surrounding how they came to possess the information, i.e., on the promise not to say anything, I will not pre-judge.

But apparently we are being told that one or more forumites are personally aware of Ewert attending a CL preview night, and yet for some reason no one wants to confirm that, perhaps because it wasn't true? When was this preview night anyway?

And then we are also told that a forumite received a CL invoice for Ewert yet that person hasn't stepped forward. Was Ewert buying, selling or both? What was the date of the invoice? Was the recipient told not to disclose knowledge of it?

This thread is going nowhere for now and looks destined to remain that way, but if the information turns out to be true and one and more forumites had personal knowledge beforehand I have a feeling they will not be as warmly received on these boards in the future, and deservedly so. IMHO.