• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Tupenny cameo drive-by music video thread commentary:

Best Maiden song ever.

It's certainly up there. (thumbs u

One of the bands that I rarely think about any more, but back in the day...

I saw them first at the Liverpool Empire...2,000 seater and they still had Di'Anno as vocalist. Next time I see them, they're headlining Donnington!

For me it's the song "Killers" which is right up there as the best NWoBHM song ever.

I actually prefer Maiden with Paul Di'anno...I still love the first two albums.

Their self-titled debut was the first LP I bought with my own money :cloud9: and I still prefer the "dirtier" sound they had back when it all started.

Sad when Paul left, but as I also was a "Samson" fan in the day, I thought it fantastic that their singer made it to the big leagues and would be fronting Maiden from then on. Loved Bruce Dickinson and bought every album religiously the day they came out up till "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" but that's where it stopped for me.

Ah memories of denim and leather....

:preach: Damn Hippies!

Jason was an extremely hard working dealer in that he spent a lot of time digging through bins when other people just could not be bothered, so that probably bought him a lot of "benefit if the doubt" when people wondered how he always came up with nice books.

fwiw: the first time Ewert appeared on my radar was when he irregularly started setting up at a one day monthly Indianapolis show circa 1990-92. This was a typical small one-room one-day hotel show but the organizer did a stellar job of getting a good assortment of dealers in there. People like Motor City and Harley would occasionally set up, and the room was always full of great material without fail.

Even in that setting, Ewert made a splash. Loads of high-end SA stocked in depth. He was very young at the time (much younger than me, and I was 23 or so then) but that didn't mean much as the market has a tradition of young dealers coming in and making some noise. He definitely gave the impression that he was well-funded from day one. Shortly after I first saw him at this show, I started seeing his cbg ads.

Jason was an extremely hard working dealer in that he spent a lot of time digging through bins when other people just could not be bothered, so that probably bought him a lot of "benefit if the doubt" when people wondered how he always came up with nice books.

fwiw: the first time Ewert appeared on my radar was when he irregularly started setting up at a one day monthly Indianapolis show circa 1990-92. This was a typical small one-room one-day hotel show but the organizer did a stellar job of getting a good assortment of dealers in there. People like Motor City and Harley would occasionally set up, and the room was always full of great material without fail.

Even in that setting, Ewert made a splash. Loads of high-end SA stocked in depth. He was very young at the time (much younger than me, and I was 23 or so then) but that didn't mean much as the market has a tradition of young dealers coming in and making some noise. He definitely gave the impression that he was well-funded from day one. Shortly after I first saw him at this show, I started seeing his cbg ads.

Not 100% certain, but I think Brulato was funding him even then? hm

Best Maiden song ever.

I prefer "Flight of Icarus" or "Run for the Hills".

Pretty funny seeing Bruce Dickinson all clean cut now, serving as the host for some flying show on Discovery or NatGeo or one of those channels.

Not 100% certain, but I think Brulato was funding him even then? hm

That was my first thought when I read that as well, but I don't remember exactly.

Best Maiden song ever.

It's certainly up there. (thumbs u

One of the bands that I rarely think about any more, but back in the day...

I saw them first at the Liverpool Empire...2,000 seater and they still had Di'Anno as vocalist. Next time I see them, they're headlining Donnington!

For me it's the song "Killers" which is right up there as the best NWoBHM song ever.

I actually prefer Maiden with Paul Di'anno...I still love the first two albums.

Their self-titled debut was the first LP I bought with my own money :cloud9: and I still prefer the "dirtier" sound they had back when it all started.

Sad when Paul left, but as I also was a "Samson" fan in the day, I thought it fantastic that their singer made it to the big leagues and would be fronting Maiden from then on. Loved Bruce Dickinson and bought every album religiously the day they came out up till "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" but that's where it stopped for me.

Ah memories of denim and leather....

The first 2 records are the only good ones. Dickinson blows choad, and the songwriting became formulaic after Killers. :sumo: I hung in for a about 3 more LPs and tours, but gave up after that. Luckily I saw them on the Killers tour, only US shows with Di'anno.

I chose the song because I thought the lyrics adequately expressed my feelings about this thread & participation in it.

I wanted to share my feelings with the thread readers as a form of musical thread commentary.

If I just wanted to rock to Maiden, I might have chosen The Trooper.

I hated Iron Maiden... still do. I've never been a metal head. It gave me a headache. That being said, I wasn't a big fan of that floaty mess either, e.g. The Sundays... :sick: .

And there's me thinking you were a Morrissey fan :whistle:

I hated Iron Maiden... still do. I've never been a metal head. It gave me a headache. That being said, I wasn't a big fan of that floaty mess either, e.g. The Sundays... :sick: .

Or The Smiths :whistle:

Smiths and Morrissey rool okay. :headbang:

The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get... best... Morrissey... song... ever. The Smiths would probably be How Soon Is Now? or Girlfriend In A Coma.

I wouldn't call either of them "floaty." The Cocteau Twins were floaty as well.

:applause:

The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get... best... Morrissey... song... ever. The Smiths would probably be How Soon Is Now? or Girlfriend In A Coma.

I wouldn't call either of them "floaty." The Cocteau Twins were floaty as well.

Funny, I was just trying to find the video of How Soon Is Now? on You tube.

The Cocteau Twins were/are top notch.

The John Peel Show 1982 - classic year.