• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How important is the grade on a CGC SS book?

68 posts in this topic

Yep, though personally I've moved away from sigs high grade expensive books. Why take a chance. Case in point, I have JIM 89 in 6.5 signed by Stan Lee and another one at 7.5. The price difference between a 6.5 (about $400) and a 7.5 (about $900) is enough to stop me from ever cracking out the 7.5. I can't risk hurting the investment with a grade drop.

I like the idea of pairing books in the collection, lower grade SS with high grade blue. Perfect combo and lowers the risk. On modern books, go for it, you can always replace the 9.8 in most cases.

Bill.

I had a single sketched book that was an 8.5 - it bugged me so much that I ended up cracking the slab, and cutting the cover off the book so I could frame just the sketch & hang it on my wall. Now I'm happy again :cloud9:

:o Joe Simon Sketch?

I had a single sketched book that was an 8.5 - it bugged me so much that I ended up cracking the slab, and cutting the cover off the book so I could frame just the sketch & hang it on my wall. Now I'm happy again :cloud9:

:o Joe Simon Sketch?

Nah, a Death sketch by Alex Maleev:

death-alex-maleev.jpg

that looks nice! how big was that book to start with? seems like a pretty large image!

Oh, no, it's really not that big - it was on a Secret Invasion #1 (it's just pretty detailed). Here's the wall in my office where it's hanging:

office-sketches.jpg

I have been able to get some Stan Lee's and was very happy with whatever grade I got on them. My favorite one so far is an Avengers #12 that got a 7.0 and least favorite was a TTA #89 that got a 9.4 but am still going to keep both. It all depends on the issue if it's an older book no matter the grade to me doesn't matter the grade.

I have been able to get some Stan Lee's and was very happy with whatever grade I got on them. My favorite one so far is an Avengers #12 that got a 7.0 and least favorite was a TTA #89 that got a 9.4 but am still going to keep both. It all depends on the issue if it's an older book no matter the grade to me doesn't matter the grade.

nice! and welcome to the forums! everyone likes scans

that looks nice! how big was that book to start with? seems like a pretty large image!

Oh, no, it's really not that big - it was on a Secret Invasion #1 (it's just pretty detailed). Here's the wall in my office where it's hanging:

office-sketches.jpg

really digging that wall! I myself just got a sketch and slab framed together... will post a pic soon

(thumbs u Avengers #12 is an amazing Kirby cover. I've got # 2 in a 3.0 with great Stan sig placement. Don't care that it's a 3.0, it looks great and it's one of my faves.