• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice Society on SMALVILLE Feb 5th

89 posts in this topic

JUST finished watching it.

Any true comic fan will have loved it. I think if I see any more contemporary costumes (black leather, blah blah) I might puke. It was quite refreshing to have the costumes represented as they were in the original books.

Great job all around! Way better than all the Zod stuff going on right now. If only they could drop that storyline and get right into Apocalypse, it would be great!

Considering from a show that never shows Superman in his costume. ;)

damn show Superman in his costume! if it was good enough for people in the 40`s,50`s,60`s,70`s,80`s,90`s, its good enough for this generation as well!

end of rant. :D

JUST finished watching it.

Any true comic fan will have loved it. I think if I see any more contemporary costumes (black leather, blah blah) I might puke. It was quite refreshing to have the costumes represented as they were in the original books.

Great job all around! Way better than all the Zod stuff going on right now. If only they could drop that storyline and get right into Apocalypse, it would be great!

Considering from a show that never shows Superman in his costume. ;)

damn show Superman in his costume! if it was good enough for people in the 40`s,50`s,60`s,70`s,80`s,90`s, its good enough for this generation as well!

end of rant. :D

I think it's coming. Last episode at the end the kid showed Clark his sketch of Superman in Red and Blue. Maybe soon....

I enjoyed it, except for icicle, he reminded me of someone out of a Clockwork Orange. I had to rewatch the beginning to really follow it.I'm sorry they killed off Hawkgirl, but perhaps they thought there were too many females around;) :shrug:

I thought the costume not being used had something to do with the suit by the heirs of the creators?

I enjoyed it, except for icicle, he reminded me of someone out of a Clockwork Orange. I had to rewatch the beginning to really follow it.I'm sorry they killed off Hawkgirl, but perhaps they thought there were too many females around;) :shrug:

I thought the costume not being used had something to do with the suit by the heirs of the creators?

From what I can gather clicking around the net the "no tights, no flights" came from the original producers. They also stated there would never be a romance between Clark and Lois. Anyway, I think two info-snippets are key:

"Executive producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, who developed Smallville, quit after seven seasons and Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson took over as showrunners.

Slavkin and Swimmer then departed in February (before the end of the eighth season) to produce the new version of TV drama Melrose Place, which premieres on September 9.

That leaves Souders and Peterson in charge of the upcoming Season 9, joined by Welling who is now a co-executive producer."

That explains why the show is getting interesting. But doesn't answer what's the future for a nine year old tv show, or if that red/blue suit will show up. Which makes this is info absolutely key:

Absolute Justice,” attracted roughly 2.8 million viewers, the show’s largest audience of the season. It also gave The CW its best Friday night in more than a year. From a demo perspective, the feature-length episode earned season-high numbers in all categories, including adults 18-49 (tie), men 18-49, and adults 18-34."

I thought it was well done. Can't wait to see when they have the rest of the JSA show up. Plus they need to have a cameo of a certain man from Gotham.

(thumbs u Even a cameo as a fellow rich guy at some Queen/Lexcorp/Luthorcorp function would tickle me `Batty'!

I thought it was well done. Can't wait to see when they have the rest of the JSA show up. Plus they need to have a cameo of a certain man from Gotham.

(thumbs u Even a cameo as a fellow rich guy at some Queen/Lexcorp/Luthorcorp function would tickle me `Batty'!

There's hope:

"One hero you won't see stopping by is Batman. Though the producers really want to have him on the show, Kelly Sounders says there's still trouble with the franchise crossovers: "Obviously everybody wants to keep all the franchises going and give the fans what they want in each. If that opening ever, ever occurs, we'll be all over it."

Since Warner is using Wayne/Batman in their straight-to-dvd animated projects, maybe some Exec can get it across that Smallville isn't confused with the feature film "universe" anymore than it's confused with the animated "universe". If all they need is permission. :wishluck: