• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk 181

32 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

First post from an "old" lurker...

I live in Sweden and collect US-comics. Mainly modern titles, but I also have some small parts of bronze in the shelf. I have planned to send "back" some issues to US for CGC-grading, and now I feel it´s time to actually come to action. I think I will submit some late issues of Miracleman, the 3 first Walking Dead and the first issue of Y- the last man, but also 4 issues of Incredible Hulk (162, 180,181 and 182),

The 181 is without doubt the "crown" in my collection so I hope it at will get a nice grade. But there are some condition "problems" and since I am very unexperience as a "grader" I hope some of you can help me. I understand it is hard/impossible to give more than a very preliminar judge based on just a photoshopped scan-jpg, and I don´t expect 9.x-y :) I also add some ordinary photos to give a better "picture". But to be honest I feel that the issue looks better "live" than on the pictures ;)

Just let me know if the scans or pics or too bad...

My overall feeling is that the condition is great. Not least the cover is glossy and have bright, strong colours and (almost) no stress marks etc. at all (there is a small one beside Wolverines arm). But as you can see there is a quite small, but meanwhile distinct, crease in the right upper corner. And at the backside there are one "dirt" spot of some kind. In the blue "arrow" :(.

Thanks in advance :foryou::acclaim:

Bigger/better scan here I think:

mijWNJxmG.jpg

cmWmCgpoi.jpg

FXWDpcFdH.jpg

UwhWuAKap.jpg

gSkptftDM.jpg

bqEJwVzUm.jpg

RjoczMsxN.jpg

MpeQvJlrh.jpg

GbgirEulu.jpg

yXvOUPqvg.jpg

I think it will grade higher...there was that 9.0 FF 55 last year that had a strong CB crease same location...on the other end I've had and seen pleaty of 7.5/8.0s with one small crease or two corner where the rest of the book was in great shape like this one...I'm gonna go 7.5/8.0...wouldn't be surprised at all to see this one score an 8.0...beautiful copy! :headbang:

and WTTB (officially)! :applause:

Thanks for all the feedback and I hope some of you (the "8.0-people") have right, but it is meanwhile good to have some "6.5-7-warnings" so I don´t get too sad if it will grade relativly low :). I will let you know the result when it come back (but I think I will wait a couple of weeks before I send them since I am quite low and cash for the moment and also want to "test" some other issues with you).

My bronze Hulks (issue 160-178) have a nice history behind them btw. I havn´t own them for so long time. I was visited a friend and since he knew I was collecting comics he asked me if I knew if there was any value in "old" Hulks. I told him most of the issues from the 70:es was nice, but not so monetary valuable. But he went down in the cellar and come back with a bag with this super nice run with the 181 on top:-). He had bough them from US during his childhood (pre Internet = sending cash in letter etc) I was almost shocked when I saw the 181 and show him on ebay that it was a very valuable isses (then he get shocked, hehe). He then asked if I wanted to help him to sell the run on commision, but I gave him a good (for both I hope) bid instead and bought the lot.

Here are a picture, i put in the 181 in bag and board at once when I came home (as the other issues it had being naked in the bag for over 30 years)... I hope it doesn´t sounds as a am bragging, but I am still very happy about the find and the "history" behind it, and I also know most of you here have much more valuable comics in you collections (thumbs u.

NsWUFhRfq.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback and I hope some of you (the "8.0-people") have right, but it is meanwhile good to have some "6.5-7-warnings" so I don´t get too sad if it will grade relativly low :). I will let you know the result when it come back (but I think I will wait a couple of weeks before I send them since I am quite low and cash for the moment and also want to "test" some other issues with you).

My bronze Hulks (issue 160-178) have a nice history behind them btw. I havn´t own them for so long time. I was visited a friend and since he knew I was collecting comics he asked me if I knew if there was any value in "old" Hulks. I told him most of the issues from the 70:es was nice, but not so monetary valuable. But he went down in the cellar and come back with a bag with this super nice run with the 181 on top:-). He had bough them from US during his childhood (pre Internet = sending cash in letter etc) I was almost shocked when I saw the 181 and show him on ebay that it was a very valuable isses (then he get shocked, hehe). He then asked if I wanted to help him to sell the run on commision, but I gave him a good (for both I hope) bid instead and bought the lot.

Here are a picture, i put in the 181 in bag and board at once when I came home (as the other issues it had being naked in the bag for over 30 years)... I hope it doesn´t sounds as a am bragging, but I am still very happy about the find and the "history" behind it, and I also know most of you here have much more valuable comics in you collections (thumbs u.

Great story... thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the boards! :applause: