• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM ALERT == Superman #2-149 DC Golden Age 152 Comic Run Collection

89 posts in this topic

I have been on the road so I didn't catch this earlier or get the chance to call my eBay contacts about it, but I will do so on Monday. Usually when I report something through EMR it takes a few days, but they do act. I didn't see this thread until there was around 2 days left so I guess that just wasn't enough time (which is why I said there wasn't enough time). Unfortunately most people wait until close to the end of the auction, and in many cases the final hours, to make contact. I agree that they need to be more agile about stuff like this. They do take these things very seriously. I'll be sharing your excellent findings with them, so if you have anymore info feel free to PM me.

Here's some more info: The same guy is posting the same listing again, still using Ross Koondel's name and your business name, NeatStuffCollectibles. It would appear you and Ross either did not contact/call eBay, or you did call them and they did absolutely nothing. What is going on here?

I have been on the road so I didn't catch this earlier or get the chance to call my eBay contacts about it, but I will do so on Monday. Usually when I report something through EMR it takes a few days, but they do act. I didn't see this thread until there was around 2 days left so I guess that just wasn't enough time (which is why I said there wasn't enough time). Unfortunately most people wait until close to the end of the auction, and in many cases the final hours, to make contact. I agree that they need to be more agile about stuff like this. They do take these things very seriously. I'll be sharing your excellent findings with them, so if you have anymore info feel free to PM me.

Here's some more info: The same guy is posting the same listing again, still using Ross Koondel's name and your business name, NeatStuffCollectibles. It would appear you and Ross either did not contact/call eBay, or you did call them and they did absolutely nothing. What is going on here?

We did report this. I have no idea why this person is able to do this again. Clearly eBay's EMR program needs serious improvement.

I will call my rep about this today. He may be able to get things done more effectively.

Here's some more info: The same guy is posting the same listing again, still using Ross Koondel's name and your business name, NeatStuffCollectibles.

We did report this. I have no idea why this person is able to do this again. Clearly eBay's EMR program needs serious improvement. I will call my rep about this today. He may be able to get things done more effectively.

In the meantime...

134930.jpg.48d37d73fced4809e8a014816c0d89f0.jpg

We did report this. I have no idea why this person is able to do this again. Clearly eBay's EMR program needs serious improvement.

I just noticed a strange detail. Previously the text of the listing said "Ross Koondel at NeatStuffCollectibles." Now it only says "Ross Koondel." That's an unusual edit for a scammer -- to keep the scam going, but to remove a single detail.

When I saw the auction ( this time and last time) it only mentioned Ross' name. I never saw it with a mention of NeatStuff. Not as though one case is better than the other. Either way, this is obviously an unacceptable scam and I am taking it and any implications that attempt to associate us to it Very seriously.

And yes, I did of course report the auction through eBay's system. I would urge as many people as possible to do the same.

I can't reach my rep yet, but I left him a message and sent a text. I also called eBay's 1-800 line and spoke to a representative who assured me that a priority fraud report was filed as of our conversation. I stressed that this is a repeat offense from this scammer as well as how serious an issue his use of my business info is. I was told that the auction will be removed and the user suspended. We'll see, but I will stay on this until that happens.

I got a hold of my rep today via text and we finally connected on this. It was hard to get eBay to move quickly on this without his help, but he was able to get trust and safety off their butts and end the listing today.

Now this guy needs to be Naru'd.. I will do my best to stay on this.