• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

I really think I would rather have no data from a source than some good and some bad. I'm not sure that is entirely logical, but it is how I feel.

We feel the same way...but no data at all is worse. :(

Couldn't disagree more.

GPA average on an Avengers #66 in 9.4 is $300, let's say.

Mr Schmell 'sells' a copy for $1,000 and another one for $100...but he only reports the $1,000 'sale'.

This is better than not reporting at all? :screwy:

I really think I would rather have no data from a source than some good and some bad. I'm not sure that is entirely logical, but it is how I feel.

Couldn't disagree more.

Mr Schmell 'sells' a copy for $1,000 and another one for $100...but he only reports the $1,000 'sale'.

How about the fact that literally thousands of books a day are sold through C-Link.

But because Josh refuses to report a small number that sell through auction for ridiculously low amounts GPA is does not have access to ANY of C-Link's sales data.

This place is hilarious. There was a thread no more than 7 or 8 months ago, where Roy was talking about "Selective Reporting" to GPA. He got absolutely torched by me and others. I wonder where some of the players in this thread came down on this issue then?

Same side, my friend. (thumbs u

Me too.

I still think there should be a mechanism for reporting collector to collector sales.

Never going to happen. Market manipulation would be 10x worse than it is now.

This place is hilarious. There was a thread no more than 7 or 8 months ago, where Roy was talking about "Selective Reporting" to GPA. He got absolutely torched by me and others. I wonder where some of the players in this thread came down on this issue then?

Same side, my friend. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Couldn't disagree more.

How about the fact that literally thousands of books a day are sold through C-Link.

But because Josh refuses to report a small number that sell through auction for ridiculously low amounts GPA is does not have access to ANY of C-Link's sales data.

Like that's the only reason Josh won't report. :/

Couldn't disagree more.

Whatever reason you choose to believe, the fact remains that a huge pile of information is going unreported due to a strident pursuit for "pure" data that obviously will never happen, even in GPA's hand-picked environment.

Couldn't disagree more.

So what are the reasons?

Has he explained it publicly?

Market manipulation would be 10x worse than it is now.

Well right now we are talking about the possibility that 100 books have had their sales data wiped from the record by Doug. Ten times that amount would be 1000 books. 1000 sales that have been "manipulated" by not being accurately reported. For the YEAR.

How many individual sales occur in a DAY on these boards alone that could be reported to GPA?

Couldn't disagree more.

So what are the reasons?

Not really, I would also like to hear about the Ewert JIM book.

Couldn't disagree more.

So what are the reasons?

You can use the search function yourself, you know?

Couldn't disagree more.

If the number of books selling for low amounts is so miniscule and meaningless...then why does Josh insist they not be included before he'll report his data? And if C-Link refuses to report their data unless they can only include the data that skews the numbers high...then to hell with their data.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting here watching people try to make excuses for this blatant market manipulation tactic.

Couldn't disagree more.

Better for sellers.

Couldn't disagree more.

So what are the reasons?

You can use the search function yourself, you know?

Thanks. I know how to use the search but I didn't know what to put in :)

Couldn't disagree more.

If the number of books selling for low amounts is so miniscule and meaningless...then why does Josh insist they not be included before he'll report his data? And if C-Link refuses to report their data unless they can only include the data that skews the numbers high...then to hell with their data.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting here watching people try to make excuses for this blantant market manipulation tactic.

(thumbs u

Market manipulation would be 10x worse than it is now.

Well right now we are talking about the possibility that 100 books have had their sales data wiped from the record by Doug. Ten times that amount would be 1000 books. 1000 sales that have been "manipulated" by not being accurately reported. For the YEAR.

How many individual sales occur in a DAY on these boards alone that could be reported to GPA?

I don't disagree with your suggestion just think that it would open pandora's box and would skew existing data even more. I can just see private deals where inflated sales data is being agreed upon by both parties but what actually changes hands is a whole different story. Who qualifies to report these sales, everyone, or just dealers? There are probably 20-30 people on the sales probation list already so I can see these kinds of behaviours becoming an unfortunate consequence.

Couldn't disagree more.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting here watching people try to make excuses for this blatant market manipulation tactic.

You simply haven't been here long enough. :/

Couldn't disagree more.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting here watching people try to make excuses for this blantant market manipulation tactic.

(thumbs u

Money to be made = vested interest.