• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people in here think it is a sin to list non cgc in an auction title??

38 posts in this topic

Okay but why? why is it a problem?

Because if everyone did it then it would be impossible to find actual CGC books.

If you don't think it's a problem, why not put EVERY keyword in your auction title, so that NO comic book searches work and ebay completely sucks. Say you're selling an Omega Men #3, you could list it like this and ruin searches for dozens of different collectors.

"Omega Men #3 Not: CGC, Spider-Man 1,14,121,122, 129; Hulk 102,180,181,182;

Green Lantern 1,40,59,76, showcase 4,8,9,13,14,22; daredevil 1,7,131,158,168"

Now repeat this type of spamming across 100 seller's auctions and ebay would be useless.

Awesome idea Rob, thanks. Now lots of people are going to find the next few items I auction!

stooges.gif

Why are you being so hurtful to me Joe Collector?

Because you ask for opinions on the "Not CGC" issue, and then berate those who tell you it's wrong.

So, I'm assuming you're a "Not CGC" EBay spammer looking for validation and acceptance of the practice.

I can understand why people could get a bit miffed by it, but not why they get so deeply upset as they actually do. Once a day I search in comics for CGC and look at the new listings. I guess there are about 5-10 pages on average and it takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to get through them. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I know what I'm not looking for and that includes 'CGC ready', 'non CGC' etc. I don't think I've ever clicked on a link expecting to see a slabbed book only to find a non-slabbed book (although I've clicked on a fair few with no numerical grade hoping to see something good, only to be confronted with something very low) and in the average day I might hit 3-4 links from casual interest.

I think this is a case where the stress of worrying about something causes far more problems than the original issue itself [and NO, I don't keyword spam in my own listings].

I think this is a case where the stress of worrying about something causes far more problems than the original issue itself [and NO, I don't keyword spam in my own listings].

That is true, about 90% of the time, but there are serious spammers who list hundreds (or thousands) of books all with "Not CGC' or "CGC Ready", etc. in the title.

If you're searching when those guys let loose, you'll know why some people despise the practice.

Yeah, I have looked on those days when the listings are maybe 20-30 pages long. I tend to look at the listing times and then skip a few pages when searching. These listings are always automated, so the thousand odd books might hit in a one hour period or less. I might miss one or two genuine listings in the pages I skip, but the odds on not seeing something that I might bid on are very small. I don't actually find these bulk listings any more frustrating than those by neatstuff (and others) who can list 1000+ bits of modern $20 [!@#%^&^] that are actually slabbed.

Basic search for 'CGC' in comics: 3,044 items.

Basic search for 'CGC -ready -not -non -it -able -companion -sgc -using -send' in comics: 2,903 items.

Saving 'CGC -ready -not -non -it -able -companion -sgc -using -send' as a bookmark,

and being ready to add the next spam word they try to the list: Priceless.

thumbsup2.gif

Joe Collector 2 things.

1. You need to relax a little bit as i dont want you to get a heart attack over this.

2. Don't assume what i do or dont do as far as auctions go.

I can understand your passion for comics but don't put a person in the same category as a murderer because they put non-cgc in their auction.

Now be a good little boy and go to your room.

Actually, that could get you a suspension from EBay for fraudulent listing. 893naughty-thumb.gif

If you outright lie in an auction listing, and use a CGC 9.8 (regardless of the NOT), then you may get booted, but since the "Not CGC" crowd is on that gray line, they usually get a warning and their auction is pulled.

What will be fun next week, is catching all the repeat offenders and getting them NARU'd. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, that could get you a suspension from EBay for fraudulent listing. 893naughty-thumb.gif

If you outright lie in an auction listing, and use a CGC 9.8 (regardless of the NOT), then you may get booted, but since the "Not CGC" crowd is on that gray line, they usually get a warning and their auction is pulled.

What will be fun next week, is catching all the repeat offenders and getting them NARU'd. 893applaud-thumb.gif

THAT ROCKS!!!

Davidking623