• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 6

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 6  

111 members have voted

1. 1. -Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 6

28 posts in this topic

Come on folks, let's finally get rid of the Sea Devils. Who is willing to admit that they are fans today? lol

Absolutely a fan of Russ Heath's artwork!

:gossip: It doesn't have to be about the current character popularity

Exactly! It's a "greatest Silver Age DC Superhero cover of all time" (aka, "favorite") contest, not a favorite character or most valuable collectible contest.

Which doesn't explain why Showcase 4 is still in the running. Yeesh. To me, it's the obvious "one of these things is not like the others" winner. The Flash figure is clumsy at best, and the layout is zzzzzz.

Chacun à son goût.

Jack

Come on folks, let's finally get rid of the Sea Devils. Who is willing to admit that they are fans today? lol

Absolutely a fan of Russ Heath's artwork!

:gossip: It doesn't have to be about the current character popularity

Exactly! It's a "greatest Silver Age DC Superhero cover of all time" (aka, "favorite") contest, not a favorite character or most valuable collectible contest.

Which doesn't explain why Showcase 4 is still in the running. Yeesh. To me, it's the obvious "one of these things is not like the others" winner. The Flash figure is clumsy at best, and the layout is zzzzzz.

Chacun à son goût.

Jack

I agree with you completely.

But in all fairness, the title of the thread says nothing to reference best art or anything like that. It says SA DC Superhero survivor series. Maybe it has caused some confusion.

It's there because it's a mega key (which really has zero to do with the asthetics of the cover itself) and some just can't vote off a mega key.

I agree with you completely.

But in all fairness, the title of the thread says nothing to reference best art or anything like that. It says SA DC Superhero survivor series. Maybe it has caused some confusion.

Each round opening states: The goal is to determine the greatest Silver Age DC Superhero cover of all time.

I translated that to the mean "greatest" expression of silver age superhero comic book cover arts, as published by DC Comics. (shrug)

All about the art, design, and execution, nothing about $ value or historical key status. Or even fan-favorites. I've toasted a lot of my personal favorites in various rounds, they simply couldn't compete.