• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman Books 1-4 (paperback/hardcover)

37 posts in this topic

Ah lovely, a Miracleman thread...

Miracleman TPBS and Hard-Backs

My view is they're all very collectible and are all holding value really well - and I love owning them. Getting hold of really high grade copies is very difficult but not impossible. There are also 1st and 2nd prints - and variants! ;)

Olympus is priced alarmingly on ebay - however I must tell you I recently bought the copy below from a European seller on a BIN for all of 10 Euro's (about $18) !!!

He was also selling Book 4 (UK version) and Apocrypha each for a similar price. They all graded 9.2 to 9.4 with just a few of those annoying tiny dings that you get on TPBs.

I asked if he had any more, and he had Books 1 and 2 in hardback for 50 Euros each! I was too slow on Book 1, but the Book 2 you see below is now mine. I've never seen a better copy - pristine throughout.

You can still occassionally get the books shrink-wrapped. I got an Apocrypha a few years back and sent it to CGC - and got the 9.8 you can see below. The 9.2 Book 1 was also a lovely copy. Unfortunately, I idiotically sold both when I sold my original MM collection.

I have most of both the TPBs and HBs - but keep trying to upgrade. There is a graded Olympus out there in 9.8.

Book3.jpg

mmbk2.jpg

132_3224.jpg

135_3519.jpg

Miracleman comic values

Well once we all stopped competing the prices on CGC 9.8s dropped substantially. Even no.24 has dropped.

All issues are common - but I'd still buy them in high grade as prices will spike if Marvel does ever re-launch.

Sig series for the Alan Moore books will be hot, not that Alan will sign - but some of the artists might.

I guess it depends how far Michael I can push it. Maybe there's more 9.9s even a 10.0 out there.

My recommendation is go for the affiliate books in 9.6+ -

A1 sketchbook

A1 from 1989 (Warpsmith) - very common but under-valued and super-tough post 9.2

Total Eclipse

Apocrypha

Family

All had tiny print runs in comparison.

Of course, the key book, is the 2D 3D, with just 6 copies known. And only 3 of them definite.

Marvel

I understand that they have run into copyright problems with one of the original artists meaning it's alll got tied up again.... so don't hold you breath!

In regards to issues #1-16, I'd say you were right on the money - the latter Gaiman issues (with the exception of exceedingly common #17), however, are getting harder to find at the $10 price point. And getting a #24 for less than $50 on ebay is almost impossible - I sold a VF/NM copy for $80 in less than 24 hours on the 'bay last week.

Really? That's interesting to know (re: the early Gaimans). I figured I might be a little low on my estimates on 23 & 24.

I'll admit, I haven't been following the title much in the past few years. But 17-22 were always really common in my experience. Maybe not in the uber-HG range. When I was actively putting my runs together, it always seemed that the dealers that even had MM books had 1-4, 14-16, 17-22. and the 3D Special. It was always a carp-shoot on the other issues.

And, as I said in my earlier post, if you didn't mind the "MM archive" copies (you know, with the MM head sketch on the cover), those books were super easy.

And, as I said in my earlier post, if you didn't mind the "MM archive" copies (you know, with the MM head sketch on the cover), those books were super easy.

Unless you wanted High Grade copies. :P

Raw 9.4's were plentiful. 9.6's were tougher, but still could be found without too much work.

9.8's? I'll agree with you on that. But, I was always cool with 9.2/9.4/9.6 raws for MM. My first #15 was probably "only" a VF/NM. I never submitted any of them.

I think the "newest" book that I ever submitted myself was an ASM #238. It is probably the only post-1980 book I ever submitted myself. :blush:

I got curious about some of the prices I've seen posted on the MM: Apocrypha Hardcover so I did some checking locally. I called several shops and most of them don't even have a softcover in stock. None of them have the HC, though one said they had one and sold it for $400 a year ago!

With demand so high on this to drive the price up, why hasn't it been reprinted?

I also looked on eBay. Some guy has one he says is Mint for $529!

There is another one with a nick in the front cover for $29.

Hmmmm...I think I know which one I want.

I got curious about some of the prices I've seen posted on the MM: Apocrypha Hardcover so I did some checking locally. I called several shops and most of them don't even have a softcover in stock. None of them have the HC, though one said they had one and sold it for $400 a year ago!

With demand so high on this to drive the price up, why hasn't it been reprinted?

WTTB :applause:

The Apoc hard-back has th easily lowest print run of all the HBs. :gossip:That nearly sealed one on ebay is a good deal but I don't like the tear.

Apoc is general is under-rated. Very few graded too.