• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keyword spammer haters, se here NOW!

26 posts in this topic

Gee-ee-eeze. I can see the point. I understand the complaint. However, in the big spectrum of things isn't this just a tad bit small of a situation to worry about? These guys are not scammers. They are just dudes trying to get their listings a little more exposure. Sure, I know, keyword spamming is annoying. But to be a keyword spam detective just seems to me to be just somewhat of a little bit of a tiny bit of a waste of time. Maybe not to some people, but to me it is.

OK, I give up. Call me a hypocrite. I actually did something similar (but different). A couple years ago when I was an Ebay newbie I listed some adult comics with nude covers, although I did censor the "naughty bits". Even censored, this was a bad boy thing to do. NO adult comics can be listed in the general comics section. So I was busted several times for this and eventually NARUed. OK, so my suspension is up and I'll be damned if I wasn't going to become Ebay nudie comic detective boy as revenge. I spent a couple hours a day for about two weeks scanning and pouring and researching the comic listings looking for adult comics or any comic with a nude or innapropriate cover. Or an innocent looking comic that was described as "for adults only". You bet, just call me Mr. Bust-yer-buttman. I turned 'em all in. BUT (very important) since I got a thrill out of seeing these listings being pulled, I always saved them on my watch list so that I could see when they were puled and how long it took. Well I'll be god-damned THEY DID NOT PULL THE LISTINGS OF THE BIG TIME DEALERS. Sure all the little guy dealers listings were pulled, most within 12 hours or so, but the big dealers, those with 500+ listings DID NOT GET THEIR LISTINGS PULLED. And some of these were much "worse" that the little guy ads that DID get pulled. Damn money-grubbers those Ebay people. They don't want to NARU their money-makers but sure, put us little guys out of business. I never called Ebay on this, but someday I may do this again, save all my info, document it, and then point out this new found information to Ebay. ------Sid

I agree to an extent. I honestly don't mind if someone has 30 listings and they put "CGC ready" on 2 of them. Or if someone has a beautiful NM+ book and puts a "CGC 9.6???" on the auction.

But these assmunch's who put "CGC ready" on every frickin' auction need to be banned. Especially when they're listing non-key books and books in FN condition.

Hey, how do my fellow vigilantes feel about the following:

CGG not CGC

CGG (CGC)

etc.?

That doesn't bother me as it is a graded book, and I do search for both. If I was selling a CGG book I would consider doing something like "CGG (like CGC)."

I'm sure this would get a snicker from a few CGC purist, but it's not misleading and most average collectors wouldn't have a problem with CGG graded books. smile.gif

Hey, how do my fellow vigilantes feel about the following:

CGG not CGC

CGG (CGC)

etc.?

That doesn't bother me as it is a graded book, and I do search for both. If I was selling a CGG book I would consider doing something like "CGG (like CGC)."

I'm sure this would get a snicker from a few CGC purist, but it's not misleading and most average collectors wouldn't have a problem with CGG graded books. smile.gif

Hey, at first, and maybe even now still, I think that CGG graded books SHOULD put (like CGC) or something similar in the ad heading just because most people still have no idea that CGG exists and some people that may be interested in those CGG graded books may never see them without the "like CGC" spam thing. I have not done this myself, but I thought about it. I would suggest to others that it may be a good idea until CGG is more well known. -----Sid

This is not a 'small time' complaint, as most of us only search for comics on Ebay (mainly, of course we do search other stuff!). These guys are ruining it for all! I don't even agree with a NM+ book saying CGC ready, because honestly, if it was that good and you wanted to sell, why would you not have it certified??? Because you are comic-keys or similar, that is what comes to mind when I see a book that is 'too good to be true'!

I say nay to ALL who use such a line. Especially those that use it on all POS! thumbsup2.gif