• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions please. X-Men #94 pressing candidate?

6 posts in this topic

Having never submitted any of my books to be graded, here's a pretty good example of one that may just push me off the fence. According to the advice given at the Classics Inc. website, I think my X-Men #94 would likely benefit from having it's biggest flaw eliminated. The bends are most noticeable on the back cover and they do not break color. There's a little spine stress but otherwise it's a really nice copy. I'm thinking of sending it and some other key books to CI for evaluation and submission to CGC. Please check out the pics and offer me some much appreciated advice & feedback..

thanks!

xmen94003.jpg

xmen94001.jpg

Based upon the pictures you posted, it looks like pressing should help and/or eliminate the defects shown.

Are you planning to submit to CGC for grading? Just curious what the rest of the book looks like and what Matt's initial grade was before the pressing.

Either way, good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

joeypost was kind enough to contact me with some valuable info on his pressing and CGC submission services which I fully intend to take advantage of in the near future. I have several other key books that need to be CGC'ed (not necessarily pressed) that will go through joeypost as well. I just need to select which ones to send, get off my butt and do it! I'll keep y'all posted.. :wishluck: And thanks to all for the feedback!