• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF #1

30 posts in this topic

Not sure what I have to gain by lying about the find, but here is some internet proof...if there is such a thing, lol,

What they were found in.....2 milk crates in black garbage bags.

DSC_0027.jpg

A bunch still being sorted on the table some bad shape, some not too shabby.

DSC_0026.jpg

and ones that I have bagged and boarded already.

DSC_0025.jpg

Not sure what this proves, maybe not exactly 1000 books, but damn close and if I offend you by getting a great find, I am sorry, mayb a hint of jealousy?...lol

Not sure what I have to gain by lying about the find, but here is some internet proof...if there is such a thing, lol,

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Not sure what this proves, maybe not exactly 1000 books, but damn close and if I offend you by getting a great find, I am sorry, mayb a hint of jealousy?...lol

no jealousy..just way too many shill's here lately,or sour people trying to stir the stew to say... looks like you might have a great find...

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

no jealousy..just way too many shill's here lately,or sour people trying to stir the stew to say... looks like you might have a great find...

Yeah, and the other thing that goes through peoples' minds is that these books might be stolen. I'm not accusing the OP of anything, believe me, but that's the type of scenario that comes to mind when someone has a story of finding a bunch of books--especially if they're new to the boards and especially if they want to sell the books. We're just a cautious group, and we've seen a lot of scams in our day.

Hell, what makes you think I am selling anything? lol, I was just wandering what kind of grade you would give this. I am 33 and have been actively collecting since 88. I don't plan on selling anything if I don't have to. I love these books and I cannot wait to read them all...lol

Yes another comic found in the garbage. What kills me on this comic if the damn big ruberstamp on the over with somone's name on it.

FF1001.jpg

FF1002.jpg

For some reason stamps, even ugly ones covering the art, do not affect the grade. So with the stamp you still get an easy blue label 3.5 os so.

If, on the other hand, it was a period-sized black mark two inches over in the black ink part of the logo, that could be deemed restoration and the book would more likely be a purple label apparent 2.5

Mostly I'm curious to know what the stamp says. "Yene" is someone's name?

I have a book with 'Yannis' wriiten all over the cover. I think that's more distracting than 'Rene'.

Great book, it looks like a 3.0 to me.

Amazing find on this collection. It really is amazing what you can find in someones' garbage sometimes. I'm being completely serious.

I'm not mad at you for finding it, but my jealously wants to punch you in the face.