• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus, Betty & Veronica

14 posts in this topic

Welcome to my second post! Many thanks to those who purchased books from my first post Tuesday evening, and thanks also to those who welcomed me and vouched for me. I'm enjoying listing here, and looking at other books and various topics under discussion. I still have the three Strange Adventures books I listed; any fans of DC science fiction out there? Mystery in Space was the first run I nailed down some thirty years ago, when true sailing wasn't dead. I have sold some of those but have held on to quite a few, mainly because of Murphy Anderson and Alanna, not necessarily in that order!

As before, the first :takeit: will be declared the winner, but I will gladly accept pms with offers. I can send one book by first-class mail for $3.50, two for $4 and three for $4.50. More than three books and I will spring for priority postage.

First up, another heavy hitter, a gorgeous book I've owned for some time: Venus #1 in VF- condition. I guess this has a little too much spine wear to qualify for an 8.0, but it's a real beauty, with deep, lustrous color and superb gloss, and very supple off-white pages. The most beautiful girl in the world, and a Hey Look! by Harvey Kurtzman, too! $950

venus1.jpg

Next, a title featuring TWO of the most beautiful girls in the world. For the past couple of years I have immensely enjoyed collecting Archie comics. I used to pick up nice ones here and there when they were inexpensive, but now I go after them often, especially issues from the 50's and 60's. All of the following have oodles of Dan DeCarlo art and breathtaking color on the covers, the latter the primary quality that first attracted my attention.

Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #91 in sizzling F-VF condition, with spine stress and a tiny nick on the edge of the cover, featuring 24 pages of DeCarlo art and a personality page on Frankie Vaughn (who?). Terrific cover color and gloss $25

agbav91.jpg

Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #94 in very nice FN+ condition, with a very light corner crease on the bottom and an extremely light superficial stain near Betty's shoulder (don't ask!), featuring 24 more pages of DeCarlo art plus a page on George Chakiris (West Side Story). Eye-popping color and gloss. $20

agbav94.jpg

Last, but not really least, Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #98, featuring, once again, 24 pages of DeCarlo art, in VG-FN condition, quite lovely but with a small tape pull on the top of the cover and a light crease by the edge. $15

agbav98.jpg

One last book to continue the DeCarlo theme: Archie's Joke Book #70 from June 1963, featuring ten pages of DeCarlo art (an assortment of one and two page gags)

in very attractive VG+ condition, with corner creases and scratches on the cover, plus a couple of small chips out of the bottom edge of the back cover. Fantastic cover color and nice gloss. $5

ajb70.jpg

All of the above four have excellent off-white to white page quality.

That's all for now. I'll be back on Sunday or Monday with a few more nice items.

Venus #1 in VF- condition. I guess this has a little too much spine wear to qualify for an 8.0, but it's a real beauty, with deep, lustrous color and superb gloss, and very supple off-white pages. The most beautiful girl in the world, and a Hey Look! by Harvey Kurtzman, too! $950

:takeit: per PM discussion - thanks Phil !

Hey there - I am looking for a Betty and Me #16, let me know if you happen to have one of those for sale. I've been looking for awhile and can't seem to get my hands on one, so I try to leave no stone unturned ;)

Regardless, good luck with the sales!