• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN your entire collection, what's your favorite 2 boooks?

99 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics #1

All Select #1

Timely

Lord, those are serious books. What grades are they in, if it's okay to ask?

If I were being serious (as opposed to my previous post) I'd say my Cap 3 and my Hit 5. So me and Puny share one.

Marvel Comics #1

All Select #1

Timely

If I were being serious (as opposed to my previous post) I'd say my Cap 3 and my Hit 5. So me and Puny share one.

Marvel #1 is 9.0, All Select #1 is 8.5 (Cage Copy).

Timely

Ha!

Mine is definitely my FF #1 too. Restored, but still proud to own one.

2nd place would have to go to my Hulk 181. A nice 9.0 raw copy.

I happen to know that Beyonder's is his Rom #1. grin.gif

And coming in at a close second is......

GLJQJ-MARVELTALES99.jpgcloud9.gif

Scan and post! Scan and post! Scan and post!!!!! grin.gif

Are they the Mile High copies???

Can't argue with the Hit 5. My favourite two books in my collection would be my NM/M copies of 'Tec 27 and Action 1. And no, they're not the reprints.

Can't argue with the Hit 5. My favourite two books in my collection would be my NM/M copies of 'Tec 27 and Action 1. And no, they're not the reprints.

Actually, I purchased both of them from this thoroughly decent and implacably honest dealer in NY state about 13 years ago. Can't remember his exact name, but it was eastern European sounding..............

I can't compete with a NM/M Action 1 and Detective 27, so I'm going to list my two favorite READING comics that I own (not the most valuable comics in my collection, which are a few NM early Amazing Spider-Man books). But my favorite two READERS that I own in my collection, both of which I reread at least once a year (with the trade paperbacks, not the comics themselves) are:

Daredevil 168.

Daredevil 181.

Actually, I probably couldn't pick out which two of FM's first run on Daredevil were my favorite, but those two would have to be up there.

Mine - is silver age- Fantastic Four# 1,in golden age Hit# 5 !!!!

Marvel Comics #1

All Select #1

Timely

Marvel #1 is 9.0, All Select #1 is 8.5 (Cage Copy).

Timely

I have to take my hat off to you, Timely - your collection puts mine squarely in the shade. Quality stuff.

How much resto on the Marvel 1? Excuse the assumption, and apologies if I'm wrong.

They are unrestored, I presume? I am thoroughly impressed and humbled and I mean that. My NM spideys seems small and insignificant next to those (but I still love them with every fiber of my being anyway). cloud9.gif

Actually, I purchased both of them from this thoroughly decent and implacably honest dealer in NY state about 13 years ago. Can't remember his exact name, but it was eastern European sounding..............

Did you finally sell your Superman #1?

A deal is in the process of being completed. Until the money is in my hands I suppose its still possible for something to go wrong. Assuming everything goes as planned though, yes the book has been sold and I will be in touch shortly thumbsup2.gif