• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN your entire collection, what's your favorite 2 boooks?

99 posts in this topic

Hehe Goldust was being sarcastic and making a subtle crack about someone who's been getting alot of bad publicity on these boards lately.

They are unrestored, I presume? I am thoroughly impressed and humbled and I mean that. My NM spideys seems small and insignificant next to those (but I still love them with every fiber of my being anyway).

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan and post! Scan and post! Scan and post!!!!!

Are they the Mile High copies???

Quote:

Can't argue with the Hit 5. My favourite two books in my collection would be my NM/M copies of 'Tec 27 and Action 1. And no, they're not the reprints.

Actually, I purchased both of them from this thoroughly decent and implacably honest dealer in NY state about 13 years ago. Can't remember his exact name, but it was eastern European sounding..............

lol, I totally missed that. I've been Dup[cak]ed by Goldust. Does this mean he doesn't have the books? Bummer.

Hehe Goldust was being sarcastic and making a subtle crack about someone who's been getting alot of bad publicity on these boards lately.

They are unrestored, I presume? I am thoroughly impressed and humbled and I mean that. My NM spideys seems small and insignificant next to those (but I still love them with every fiber of my being anyway).

Quote:

Quote:

Scan and post! Scan and post! Scan and post!!!!!

Are they the Mile High copies???

Quote:

Can't argue with the Hit 5. My favourite two books in my collection would be my NM/M copies of 'Tec 27 and Action 1. And no, they're not the reprints.

Actually, I purchased both of them from this thoroughly decent and implacably honest dealer in NY state about 13 years ago. Can't remember his exact name, but it was eastern European sounding..............

They are unrestored, I presume? I am thoroughly impressed and humbled and I mean that. My NM spideys seems small and insignificant next to those (but I still love them with every fiber of my being anyway). cloud9.gif

'Tis but a sad jest, and a mere figment of a lost souls' imagination. I have seen both books in the flesh on more than one occasion (the last time was when I visited Ian Levine and saw his Action 1) but I've never owned, nor am I likely to own, either of those two books in any grade above Fair. If I actually wanted them.

That story about the dealer in NY with the eastern European surname was a cryptic, if hackneyed, reference to the Forum whipping boy, Danny Dupcak.

lol, I totally missed that. I've been Dup[cak]ed by Goldust. Does this mean he doesn't have the books? Bummer.

Apologies for any misunderstanding due to my fantasizing. Sadly I don't have such treasures. There's only one copy of Action 1 in NM (or thereabouts) and that is owned by a Virginian dentist (check threads passim).

As far as I'm aware, there are no 'Tec 27s in NM.

Geez, maybe I'm not in the same league as you FF #1 and Detective #27 guys but I would have to say that my favorite two comics are purely based on the covers alone. I keep them hanging on my wall "just to look at", just 'cuz they are cool. 'nuf said. -----Sid

Purgatori: Darkest Hour #1 (Premium cover edition by Armando Huerta)

example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2222078932&category=3981

Amazing Spider-Man #136 (I love the action shot with the yellow background)

example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2222817863&category=33819

I'd say that any book I have that features on the cover of the 2 Gerber volumes could qualify as my 2 faves, depending on how I feel. I've got a fair amount of the books that are on the two covers (that Gerber fellow had excellent taste) and today I picked up a Catman 32 in CGC VF blue from Heritage, which is on the front of Volume 2.

Yep, I paid over the odds, and it's not super high grade. I just love that cover.

Very tough question - in Silver Age it has to be Spider-Man Annual #1 for serious nostalgia. I remember how cool I thought it was to see all these other Marvel characters making guest appearances in the book. The full page panels of Spidey defeating his enemies rocked me!

For Golden Age - Probably the first time I ever spent $100 on a book - Mystic #1 way back in 1973. Seriously fun memories surround that book also. smile.gif

There is no way I could narrow my favorites down to 2! ooo.gif

I'd have to say the 26 favorite comics I own are:

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS / ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4, 5

DOUBLE ACTION - 1 (in whatever form it may exist)

FALLING IN LOVE - 73

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF - 37

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

LEADING SCREEN - 68

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 6