• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who hear is a member of the MEGATON #3 Club?

59 posts in this topic

Ask Charlie/Aggiez as he is loaded with these books. Even bought a large batch of nothing but Megaton 3s last year.

He's sold a few now.

So it's not a real RARE book by any means then huh? hm

Ask Charlie/Aggiez as he is loaded with these books. Even bought a large batch of nothing but Megaton 3s last year.

He's sold a few now.

It was very much hoarded most probably when Savage Dragon took off.

Heck, Charlie is buying them left and right as they come up for cheap prices.

Megaton 3 CGC 9.6

We all have a few hoarding books that catch our attention repeatedly. This is his, and a nice one to have.

He's sold a few now.

We all have a few hoarding books that catch our attention repeatedly. This is his, and a nice one to have.

I guess this goes to show that there are only a few truly RARE copper/modern books out there.

He's sold a few now.

I guess this goes to show that there are only a few truly RARE copper/modern books out there.
Unless The New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 counts as a RARE copper/modern book :insane:

There are six 9.8 Megaton #3s on the census....five of them are owned by Aggiez, I believe, and one is owned by me.

It's going to remain a tough book to get in 9.8 because, of course, it was another one of those "B&W indies" that came out and then was ignored until Savage Dragon debuted as an Image title in 1992.

And the production values weren't that hot to begin with.

Here's mine:

IMG_2125.jpg

Yep, I have a couple of copies...and a few still to be graded when I get some time. Love this book. Was a big Savage Dragon fan in the early Image days and this is a very underrated, short-print independent.

3607815805_c30ea9a632_m.jpg3607818059_72975b1476_m.jpg3607818059_72975b1476_m.jpg3607817003_e11de51f54_m.jpg

4166631569_e5012fe109_m.jpg4204463441_60dc24c117_m.jpg4167389826_d2bba17081_m.jpg3352482758_5e085933c3_m.jpg

I got a SWEET raw 9.8 copy of Megaton #3 ( It will be in the next batch of books I send to CGC ) and wanted to know who else is part of this club? :cool: Also how much does a CGC 9.8 copy sell for? There is one up on ebay now for $375.00, but that seams a little high to me. I thought this was like a 150-200 dollar book?

FYI, just 1 9.8 sale in GPA since 2004 and it was mine. Sold the book for $280 on e-Bay. They don't ever come up for sale so determining the true market value is impossible.

I got a SWEET raw 9.8 copy of Megaton #3 ( It will be in the next batch of books I send to CGC ) and wanted to know who else is part of this club? :cool: Also how much does a CGC 9.8 copy sell for? There is one up on ebay now for $375.00, but that seams a little high to me. I thought this was like a 150-200 dollar book?
FYI, just 1 9.8 sale in GPA since 2004 and it was mine. Sold the book for $280 on e-Bay. They don't ever come up for sale so determining the true market value is impossible.

They do, and some of us try and price them just right for board members.

;)

:baiting:

Huh.

I wonder who owns the 6th copy, then...?

hm

(This kinda stuff fascinates me...)

;)

Bad form...wanna buy it back? I'll give it to you for a "great price"...

;)

Bad form...wanna buy it back? I'll give it to you for a "great price"...

lol

I'm not sure about "bad form," but at least we both know at least one came up for sale at much less than that GPA price.

Hopefully, the owner enjoys it thoroughly as that's what matters.

Yep, but that GPA price was established well after that copy was sold/bought... (thumbs u

:applause:

Good for you. What's the issue? GPA reflects one sale, and then you have your purchase on here to gauge what these should be priced at.

Between this post and your eBay sales thread, it's like you think there is something else going on. I'm happy for you.

;)

Nick, no issue. This post just sounded like a pot shot at my pricing...