• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If u buy a cgc book in the sell thread?

82 posts in this topic

Have I ever told the story of g-man buying a book from me on the boards and subsequently posting it for sale here...even though the book was still physically in my possession? (shrug)

Does this mean I won't be seeing my purchases from him until someone ships it to him first? Do you think we can arrange drop shipment?

:signfunny:

:kidaround:

Have I ever told the story of g-man buying a book from me on the boards and subsequently posting it for sale here...even though the book was still physically in my possession? (shrug)

Best. Flip. Ever.

was this recent?

will someone answer my question please? :sorry:

1500 posts in 3 months? I think people are still posting answers to January.

Best. Flip. Ever.

was this recent?

1500 posts in 3 months? I think people are still posting answers to January.

:sorry::sorry::(

Best. Flip. Ever.

was this recent?

Sorry....I don't know, I've only heard the story. :)

It was years ago...gman is a well-known flipper, and I've told the story (if you want to call it a story) many times, but that won't stop me from taking the chance to give George a hard time about it! :baiting:

Did you offer to ship the book directly to the new buyer? That way g-man could save on postage...it would have been the decent thing to do! :insane:

Did you offer to ship the book directly to the new buyer? That way g-man could save on postage...it would have been the decent thing to do! :insane:

Or better yet, have it sent directly to a consignment or auction site.

hm

I think you should tread lightly on this topic.

King Flippa!...

Asks for a deal for his private collection and then flips the book for mad $$$!!!

:grin:

not true...to my recollection i have never done this. sure i try and get the best price but i do not try and play the "must have for my collection game."

It was years ago...gman is a well-known flipper, and I've told the story (if you want to call it a story) many times, but that won't stop me from taking the chance to give George a hard time about it! :baiting:

hmmmm i forget which book it was....but i have no doubt i turned a profit. :luhv:

You are one of the few people who have made the transition in life to a verb, George.

For example:

Man, some guy on eBay g-man-ed me on my Fantastic Four 124.

Did you see my latest batch of books from CGC? They were Haspel hammered at least two grade points.

I just heard the latest on JiveTurkey. He really got Roy'd in Chicago last year. I wonder how that ever turned out?

I thought I had that book sold until the buyer TFL-ed me in the .

You are one of the few people who have made the transition in life to a verb, George.

For example:

Did you see my latest batch of books from CGC? They were Haspel hammered at least two grade points.

I just heard the latest on JiveTurkey. He really got Roy'd in Chicago last year. I wonder how that ever turned out?

I thought I had that book sold until the buyer TFL-ed me in the .

lol(worship)

For example:

:acclaim:

hey i am not trying to hide anything...unless i really want to keep a book i usually buy to sell and use the $ for art, statues, other books, etc. Hey if people don't want to sell to me because i might turn around and sell it...oh well...but there are plenty of others doing the same thing.

Or better yet, have it sent directly to a consignment or auction site.

Nothing wrong with that if it is ok with both parties.

(thumbs u

when people post a new collection for sale on the boards or books they recently acquired....are they not flipping them as well? Now I know they did not buy them here on the boards but it is the same thing is it not?

A while back I got some nice books at a good price and blew them out here on the boards and really good prices. People were shocked...shocked I tell you that the gman was "giving them away." But on those books I was paying really short $....so I passed on the savings in the prices but was still able to meet or exceed my margin (never a bad thing).

When other sellers sell their items here I am sure they are not taking a loss or breaking even....that is not good business. And as one famous dealer once said "I am not in business to make you (the customer) money."

Yep, there's really nothing wrong with it at all, and I had no problem dealing with you after that...but you're still going to get the "business" for that little episode! lol

It gets a little gray when you ask someone for a discount b/c the book is "for your collection" or whatever, but books get flipped here all the time. Personally, I'd be more flexible on a book if I knew it were going to a collector, a friend, if I had been buying/selling from the person for a long time, etc.,. Some people get the benefit of the doubt and better considerations than others, that's just human nature and the way it is. (thumbs u

I have no problem with someone flipping a book that they bought from me, as long as the "it's for my collection, can I have a discount" card hasn't been played.

Feel free to flip it tomorrow if you want.

Poor George. Everybody's pincushion.

lol