• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If u buy a cgc book in the sell thread?

82 posts in this topic

Yep, there's really nothing "wrong" with it at all, and I had no problem dealing with you after that...but you're still going to get the "business" for that little episode! lol

It gets a little gray when you ask someone for a discount b/c the book is "for your collection" or whatever, but books get flipped here all the time. Personally, I'd be more flexible on a book if I knew it were going to a collector, a friend, if I had been buying/selling from the person for a long time, etc.,. Some people get the benefit of the doubt and better "considerations" than others, that's just human nature and the way it is. (thumbs u

oh no problem with catching the flak....

i never tell sellers it is for my collection. and no one ever asks either. i am sure books i sold on here have been flipped for $. And more power to em! :golfclap:

I have no problem with someone flipping a book that they bought from me, as long as the "it's for my collection, can I have a discount" card hasn't been played.

Feel free to flip it tomorrow if you want.

Poor George. Everybody's pincushion.

lol

i don't play that game....i toss an offer out there and if the seller counters or says ok...great...if not, i move on. what i love is when they refuse to sell it at what i am offering and then put it on the link or bay and get less. i do get a chuckle out of that.

Just do what I do.

Buy the book, and without letting no one know, go to a LCS and sell it quickly for less then what you paid for. Then once you get the book, hand it over to the LCS, and watch as it's being sold for more then they paid you and for more then what you paid to get it.

It's real fun.

I am only kidding...ever book I ever bought from here is locked up tighter then a bank. :)

Have I ever told the story of g-man buying a book from me on the boards and subsequently posting it for sale here...even though the book was still physically in my possession? (shrug)

Did you offer to ship the book directly to the new buyer? That way g-man could save on postage...it would have been the decent thing to do! :insane:

Or better yet, have it sent directly to a consignment or auction site.

Nothing wrong with that if it is ok with both parties.

(thumbs u

Unless you tell the selling party after the deal is struck, perhaps? (shrug)

I guess everyone can have a different take on any given situation and it comes down to perspective.

As long as the intention of buying for resale is made clear from the outset of negotiation, and the deal is a solid deal then I personally wouldn't give a rat's arse where I was asked to mail a book.

How about a situation where the prospective buyer approaches the seller thus...

'Lovely book! Been looking for one for some time! Would you be happy to take $XXX instead of $YYY for it?'

Deal is struck on reduced price and then...

'Thanks for that! Could I ask that you ship it out to Honest John Auctions?'

(shrug)

How about a situation where the prospective buyer approaches the seller thus...

'Lovely book! Been looking for one for some time! Would you be happy to take $XXX instead of $YYY for it?'

Deal is struck on reduced price and then...

'Thanks for that! Could I ask that you ship it out to Honest John Auctions?'

(shrug)

I think that sort of buyer should be proverbially tarred, feather and beaten.

Where does the line up start?

:grin:

I guess everyone can have a different take on any given situation and it comes down to perspective.

What an interesting worldview. Could you expand upon this some more? Oh, wait . . .

What an interesting worldview. Could you expand upon this some more? Oh, wait . . .

Did you want it in lawyer speak or anthropomorphic squirrel stutter?

I know I'm not involved in this Roy, but I would really like to see the anthropomorphic Squirrel stutter ;)

I just want to revel, immorally, in the moral relativism. :cloud9:

I once bought a book from a dealer and when the book arrived it was sent directly from Comiclink.

Another time I was offered some hard to find books in a certain title by a dealer (phone conversation) which I passed on. That weekend, at a local convention, I see the same books offered for sale with another dealer. Turns out the dealer that approached me was shopping around the other guy's books = he wanted to confirm a customer sale before purchasing them himself.

I understand that a dealer needs to flip books = that is his living so neither of these incidents bothered me. However, we are 'suppossed' to be collectors and there should be a little more courtesy involved.

From someone who says it better than me:

Yes, human perception. Our brains and ability are limited by our language and ability to conceptualize and define an image or concept. And I use "language" as the extension of description. If we were capable of removing the limitations inherant in our carbon vessels, we would be able to distinguish between absolute truth and mere relativity of A to B while the system moves in C all the while a person viewing from inside C and one outside of C.

I compare it to Newtonian physics. Science long felt that these were absolutes and ultimate truths even produced that Law, only to find out that they only really apply in cases of larger than molecular levels, much larger; relative in fact.

Yes, human perception. Our brains and ability are limited by our language and ability to conceptualize and define an image or concept. And I use "language" as the extension of description. If we were capable of removing the limitations inherant in our carbon vessels, we would be able to distinguish between absolute truth and mere relativity of A to B while the system moves in C all the while a person viewing from inside C and one outside of C.

I compare it to Newtonian physics. Science long felt that these were absolutes and ultimate truths even produced that Law, only to find out that they only really apply in cases of larger than molecular levels, much larger; relative in fact.

From someone who says it exactly as well as I do:

Seriously, WTF guys?

(1) Screw you, hippie.

From someone who says it exactly as well as I do:

Seriously, WTF guys?

(1) Screw you, hippie.

:frustrated: