• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan and DWC in Pittsburgh

27 posts in this topic

Gcolan.jpgDesert Wind Comics is excited to announce in cooperation with the Pittsburgh Comicon, one of the legends of the comic book industry, Mr. Gene Colan or affectionately known as “Gentleman” Gene to his colleagues and his fans. Desert Wind Comics will be having a private signing with Gene during the Pittsburgh Comicon. With this being the only private signing there will be no limits on the number of books being signed. So while Gene is in Pittsburgh, these books are guaranteed to get signed. All books will be witnessed and eligible for the CGC Signature Series Label. Previously signed CGC Signature Series books can be opened as well as if you want additional signatures by creators such as Stan Lee, John Romita Sr. or any of the other legends that DWC will be signing with over the next few months. The prices listed below are lower then normal Gene Colan signing prices because of the arrangements made with the Pittsburgh Comicon and as such, are specific to this special private signing only. The prices include Gene’s signing fee, CGC grading and our service fee which includes prepping of your book. No additional fees are charged to have your book signed by Gene. You can either mail the book(s) to us in advance or drop the book(s) off at our booth at the Pittsburgh Comicon. DWC will also take Pittsburgh Comicon submissions at Emerald City Comicon, WonderCon, and Chicago C2E2 as well.

The mail in deadline is April 16th. The onsite deadline at Pittsburgh is Saturday, April 24th by 1:00 pm.

Our pricing for the different tiers is as follows:

Modern...........$45.00......1980-Present.........Max value up to $200

Economy........$55.00......any year..................Max value up to $300

Standard.........$85.00......any year..................Max value up to $1000

Express........$125.00......any year..................Max value up to $3000

Walk-Thru (quoted based on value of book)...Value in excess of $3000

All prices are subject to change. Note that all books are FULLY insured while in our possession.

These prices include Gene Colan’s charity donation, the CGC grading and encapsulation, witnessing fee, prepping the book(s), shipping, handling, and insurance to the event. The price does NOT include any return shipping, handling, or insurance back to the customer. The return shipping is $15.00 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional book. It includes up to $3000.00 insurance per package. Any additional insurance can be added at the rate of $1.00 per $1000.00 of insurance. Please inquire for shipping and insurance charges outside of the Continental United States.

INK COLOR, SIGNATURE PLACEMENT AND SPECIAL REQUESTS?

Books will be signed in either black or silver ink. If you are requesting a specific placement of the signature, please send either a Xerox copy of the cover and where you want it signed or mark on the outer bag or CGC outer casing (if sending a previously graded book) using a felt tip marker. Please note that special placement can not be guaranteed.

ADDING AN ADDITIONAL SIGNATURE

Any additional signatures are $10.00 each. Some artist may charge a signing fee or a small charity donation fee. Those fees are passed on to the customer. If the customer does not want to pay over a specific amount, then the customer must set the limit they are willing to pay in advance. The $10.00 fee does not apply to PREMIUM SIGNATURES. PREMIUM SIGNATURES are charged at a higher rate depending on the creator (i.e. Stan Lee, John Romita, Joe Simon, Todd McFarlane, etc.). Please check the DWC website for signings available involving Premium Signatures.

WHAT DO I DO TO GET THE BOOKS SIGNED?

A completely fill out Desert Wind Comics Submission form MUST be included with the book(s). Failure to include such form may result in the books being returned to the customer at the customer’s expense. Please use the Desert Wind Comics submission form and follow the instructions listed in the information sheet on the Desert Wind Comics website. Payment must be made at the time the books are submitted and can be made either by credit card, PayPal, or personal check. Checks must be made out to Desert Wind Comics.

Please submit your book(s) in properly sized bag and board with each board labeled with your name, book title, issue number, and the talent you would like to sign each book. If submitting a previously graded books, please write your name on the back of the case with a felt tip pen. You MUST include the completed submission form with the books. Ship the books signature required to: Desert Wind Comics, 2421 Tech Center Court, Suite 100, Las Vegas, Nevada 89128.

Once you mail your book(s), please send an email to desertwindcomics@hotmail.com listing the books in the shipment and the method of shipping and tracking number. In the subject line enter "Books for [your name]". This helps us to better track your shipment and make sure your books get properly identified. If you are a previous customer, please indicate if you have moved since your last submission. If you have any questions, contact either via e-mail or call us at (702) 592-4792.

Oh you guys haven't seen anything yet. We have some unreal opportunities coming up in the next few days. Your going to love this. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

C'mon Chandler, we wanna see Lee, Simon, Steranko, Frazetta, Jerry Robinson AND Colan!

Make it Happen.

Well I already have Stan Lee and Gene Colan locked down. I can not leak what others I am working on being that my ideas get stolen by others. I am going to have to crack down on my internal security to prevent industrial espionage. :sumo:

:jokealert:

You will just have to wait a little longer for this announcement.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert WInd Comics

Well I already have Stan Lee and Gene Colan locked down. I can not leak what others I am working on being that my ideas get stolen by others. I am going to have to crack down on my internal security to prevent industrial espionage. :sumo:

You will just have to wait a little longer for this announcement.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert WInd Comics

:screwy: Don't tell Kris