• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlas Sub-Mariner

1 post in this topic

Hi--Thanks again to my previous buyers. Looks to me like Atlas rules here. Ah, I remember the good old days (the 80's and 90's) when Atlas books weren't quite so popular. When I went to conventions dealers used to show me Atlas books they had held on to just to see if I wanted them. Talk about nostalgia (for an age yet to come)!

Just a couple of books tonight. I can ship by first-class mail for $3.50, $4 for two books. The first :takeit: claims the book, but I will gladly accept offers through PMs. First, Sub-Mariner #33 (4/54), the first issue of the series when it was revived by Atlas. This is a very solid VG copy, with spine and edge wear, a minuscule chip off the top corner of the cover, and a cover-length slightly diagonal crease (does not seem to be a subscription crease) on the cover. The cover has good color and a decent amount of gloss, and the pages are a very respectable very light cream to off-white. Cover and pages firmly attached to the staples. Three Bill Everett stories, a total of 18 pages of exceptional art, including the origin of the Sub-Mariner. Also a Torch story by Ayers. $350

sub33.jpg

sub33a.jpg

How about a very pretty Sub-Mariner #35 (8/54), the third issue in the Atlas series.

I would call this one FN, maybe a little better, maybe a little less, with very light tanning on the spine and bottom of the cover, a bit of spine wear, and a couple of light corner creases on the top of the cover. Very nice color and gloss on the cover, and terrific off-white

pages. Again, three Everett stories, 18 pages total, including a Namora appearance and The Dawn of the Sub-Mariner, plus a Torch story by Richard Ayers (his more familiar first name won't appear, and I've NEVER heard anyone call him Spoon!). A really nice copy. $450

sub35.jpg

sub35a.jpg

By the way I am lowering the prices on the Betty and Veronica books I posted last week. Please check out that thread (Venus, Betty and Veronica) pretty books!

Thanks for looking, and I will post a few more books before Friday.