• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Atlas Sub-Mariner

5 posts in this topic

My last post got NO responses--prices too high, I'm guessing. I'm going to try again, plus add a couple more books, nicer this time. I've reduced the earlier prices, and I hope all these books will elicit some response. $3.50 first-class postage for one book, $4 for two, $4.50 for three; if anyone wants all four I will cover priority postage. :takeit: carries the day, but I will happily consider offers via PM. Don't shrug at these nice Atlas books--have a good look!

Sub-Mariner #33 (4/54), the first issue in the Atlas revival, featuring a Bill Everett cover plus18 pages of fabulous Everett art plus the Human Torch by Ayers, in solid VG condition, with spine and edge wear, some light surface wear, a tiny piece off the top corner of the cover, and a light crease, breaking color a bit, that runs the length of the cover, though I don't think it is a subscription crease. There are light superficial stains on the edge of the back cover. Attractive color and some gloss on the cover, and very supple off-white pages. $225

sub33.jpg

sub33a.jpg

Sub-Mariner #35 (8/54), again featuring 18 pages of Bill Everett art plus the Human Torch by Ayers, in very nice FN- condition, with slight tanning on the spine and bottom of the cover, and two corner creases, the longer less than 2", that are barely visible on the top of the cover. Terrific color and remarkable gloss on the cover, and very supply light cream to off-white pages. Also features an appearance by Namora and the first installment of The Dawn of the Sub-Mariner. $250

sub35.jpg

sub35a.jpg

Next up is a gorgeous copy of Sub-Mariner #36 (10/54), featuring (you guessed it!) 18 pages of Everett art in FN-VF condition, with spine stress, a small, light corner crease on the bottom of the cover, and a minuscule chip off the bottom corner of the cover. This one looks a lot like a VF, with deep, vibrant color and tremendous gloss, and very snappy off-white pages. Outstanding! $500

sub36.jpg

sub36a.jpg

Finally, another nice one: Sub-Mariner #37 (12/54), with a full 19 pages of Everett art this time, in very sharp FN+ condition, with spine stress and a few light cover dings and creases. Blazing color and silky gloss on the cover, and very supple off-white pages. Namora appears again, as does Namor's mother and Betty Dean, plus another installment in the "diary" of Sub-Mariner. $300

sub37.jpg

sub37a.jpg

Thanks for your time. I'll be back in a few days with a few more books.