• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Anaheim Apr 16-18th, Who going???

27 posts in this topic

Not too crowded when I went yesterday. Good amount of Golden/Silver age booths. The stars that had the most lines were the ones from the old Batman show (Batman, Robin, Catwoman (both of them), Batgirl). Too bad a lot of the stars were charging $30 just for a headshot with autograph.

Picked up a few trades (40%-50% off- So I don;t get those booths only advertising $205$ off cover, pffft). and cheapo reads for .50 cents and an original art piece which I'll post later.

Well, I'm headed to the show tomorrow, and if I can find my small stack of Bisley/Wrightson/Fabry books I wanted to take, that will be even better. :) I heard some good stuff from fingerprint.ink, so I might be bringing all my blank sketch covers as well. :)

Wow, the show was pretty decent. Thanks to the CGC crew at Anaheim (Harshan, Gemma, Bill, Matt, and MutantKeys) for their help. I got a few sketch covers, but since the last one was done literally at closing time, I submitted them before taking pics. Oh, well, when they're back, I'll post them. (Simon Bisley Wolverine, Tim Bradstreet Captain America, Norm Rapmund Batman, and Joel Gomez Witchblade)

Saw a bunch of the regular LA art collectors/fans (Hi, John!) :) and stopped at a few booths to look at books. There were people there, not a ton of people, but not empty either. The celebrity area was pretty empty by mid-day Sunday, but most of the comic folks stuck it out 'til close to 5pm.

All I can say is, two shows in one weekend equals sore, sore feet! :) But I guess it's training for the marathon that is the San Diego Comic Con in July! :)

Joel