• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 10

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 10  

159 members have voted

1. 1. -Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 10

46 posts in this topic

I have that book. Kind of a biography of Jack Cole with lots of pictures. Its pretty easy to get. Ebay has lots of em.......

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Andy lol

plaschipkiddbook.jpg

I voted off Showcase 29 . It wasn't my favourite in the original block of Sea Devils covers nor the one that I would have picked to get through this far.

Flash 123 possibly traded heavily on its iconic status. It's an okay design but again not one of my Silver Age favourites. Next to go.

I have that book. Kind of a biography of Jack Cole with lots of pictures. Its pretty easy to get. Ebay has lots of em.......

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Andy lol

plaschipkiddbook.jpg

This is a great book with a few extremely well-chosen reprints, if a bit of a quick read.

It includes 'The Eyes Have It', my favourite Plastic Man tale, which in just one story manages to showcase Cole's incredible range, switching back and forth between light slapstick comedy and some really quite dark, bizarre and disturbing scenes.

The biography part of the book is very sad reading, as many here will already know.

I still can't believe THIS book got voted off. Its a fantastic cover. What was everyone thinking ?? (shrug)

batman199.jpg

I KNOW!

:screwy:

lol

That cover is just like this vote-off........WHERES THE BATMAN COMICS ??!!!!