• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC'ed Golden Age books Phantom Lady, Nyoka, Jungle Action, Black Cat, etc.

16 posts in this topic

Listing some books here. Shipping will be included with the price. If someone wants international then we'll discuss. Paypal preferred but I'll take anything that spends!

:takeit: rules the day but PM's are always welcome!

First Up!

Zoo Funnies #8 from 1954 CGC 9.2 Giordano cover. ( :gossip: a little bird tells me he's going to be at Mega-con and would probably be happy to sign this book for Sig Series) Nyoka the Jungle Girl begins in this title with this book.

Good luck finding a nicer copy!

$110 shipped

ZooFunnies.jpg

Jungle Action #4 CGC 6.5 (highest graded!) This one is actually mis-labeled as techinically it's an Atlas book but due to the mis-labeling it is showing in the Census as a Marvel book when indeed they have an Atlas listing.

$85 shipped! :banana:

JungleAction4-1.jpg

Jungle Action #5 (properly labeled as Atlas) CGC 7.0 as with most of my books, highest graded yet again. I am 100% sure that this one (due to the slight roll on the top edge) would press out to at least an 8.0 if you were so inclined even though it's already the highest graded copy.

$110 shipped! :banana:

JungleAction5-1.jpg

Phantom Lady #2 (from the Ajax series) this is the last pre-code of this character.

This one is tied for highest graded copy (the other one is the Bethlehem and is probably not coming to market any time soon)

Graded 7.0 with WHITE pages and noted as Slight (A) because of a small tear seal.

I have included a scan of the back so that you can see where the tear seal is. I've shown the book to Matt Nelson and he insisted that it would be nothing to remove the seal, resub and the book would probably come back 6.5

6.5 would still be not to shabby of a grade for this book as the biggest question I have is, where are the others!?!

Price is $380 shipped and insured!

(sorry I don't have a better scan my legal size scanner is 350 miles away from me right now)

SAM_0145.jpg

Back corner with sealed tear in corner.

PLback.jpg

Black Cat Comics #22 CGC 9.0 File Copy. Only a single 9.2 is higher than this book.

$200 shipped!

BlackCat22-2.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks Bill! (I knew you were collecting Black Cats but I wasn't sure if you had this one) ^^

I'm stoked! It fills a nice little gap in the run for me

:)