• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A gift for Nik's son.

58 posts in this topic

I need to ask you guys for help.

As some of you remember, Nik sold several books sometime back for his son's bar mitzvah. It seems that the event is happening fairly soon.

I asked Nik's wife what he would like in the way of a gift. This was her response:

Hi Jim,

You know what he would really appreciate .

. . he would love to know about this other side of his dad. He only knew

his father as the baseball coach, grill master, story-reader, (all the dad

stuff), but he did not know him as a comic book/comic art collector.

Perhaps you could write him a couple of stories about the times you spent at

comic conventions, on the boards, and how much of an admired man he was.

That would mean so much to him. I know that this is a lot to ask of you,

but I would really love for him to have some of those memories of Nik.

Thanks again, your support, even from the very beginning, has been nothing

short of wonderful.

I thought it would be great if you guys could forward a story to me as well. You can PM it to me. I will put them together and send them to Nik's son from all of us.

It doesn't have to be anything long, deep or Earth shattering. Even a simple memory would be sufficient.

Any effort will be greatly appreciated,

Doc

Thanks, Gavin.

This thread isn't leaving the front page until I have at least 25. Right now, I'm at a confirmed four. (thumbs u

Plus, they don't have to be sugary sweet. AIl I ask is that they true. I would love for someone to write about Nik's run in with Belladonna.

He was a fiery little Greek and it's okay for the stories to reflect that.

Hey guys and gals,

Some one asked me if these were going to made public and the answer is no. The only people that will read it are myself , Nik's son and whomever he lets read them.

Will gladly write down some Nik memories to pas along to his boy.

Our Colts/Patriots smack talk conversations were heated, but always fun for me.

Nice thing to do Jim.

Thanks, Gavin.

This thread isn't leaving the front page until I have at least 25. Right now, I'm at a confirmed four. (thumbs u

Plus, they don't have to be sugary sweet. AIl I ask is that they true. I would love for someone to write about Nik's run in with Belladonna.

I have the link for that little episode. I never saw Nik get as mad as he did in that thread lol When I get back this afternoon I'll definitely come up with something and shoot you a PM (thumbs u

Thanks, Gavin.

I have the link for that little episode. I never saw Nik get as mad as he did in that thread lol When I get back this afternoon I'll definitely come up with something and shoot you a PM (thumbs u

What happened?

Cliff notes?

Nik went cookoo for cocoa puffs and got cyber-medieval on her azz. It ruled. It's easy to find with a search. 97% of BellaDonna's posts are in that thread.

Not really sure that is the type of memory that Doc is looking for :baiting:

It would work. It does showcase a certain side of Nik. lol