• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHILADELPHIA COMIC CON - Sunday March 21

24 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hours: 10am to 4pm

Admission: $3

Location: Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029

Parking: Free on-site

Comic and Collectibles

Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!

- Golden Age Comics

- Silver Age Comics

- Bronze Age Comics

- Modern Comics and the Latest Issues

- Original Artwork

- Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

- DVDs

- Japanese Manga

- Toys and Action Figures

- Statues and Busts

- Non-Sportscards

Special Guest

Greg LaRocque - Artist of Extinction, The Flash, The Dreaming, CryBaby, Legion of Super-heroes, Marvel Team-up, and more!

Door Prizes

Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am! Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win. You must be present to win.

Directions

The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From the South - Take I-95 North to Exit 8 (Ridley Park). Merge onto South Stewart Ave. At the light, turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on the RIGHT side.

From the North - Take I-95 South to Exit 9A (Essington). Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave). Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on the LEFT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to the Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

For Information or Dealers' Tables

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

Official Website: www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Next Show

Our next show will be on April 25, 2010. More details to follow.

Anyone besides myelf going to this?

I have some nice Silver Age (mostly Marvel, a couple of DC like OOAW 151) to trade.

I am looking for anything Nick Fury per my sig.

Hasta,

Pablo

SOT will be there, first time in almost 4 years. :devil:

Will you still be working Bob Storms booth?!?!?!?

nah, just going for me. I will be hanging out, but not working as the show is too small for me to be working.

Great turnout at the local Philly show today - guess the fine weather brought people out and about.

There wasn't an awful lot of new high grade SA and BA material in the room, but the show had an exceptional representation of board members, and a handful of excellent dealers. Had the pleasure of chatting with Foolkiller, Arzach42, Cobra Commander/SOT, Silver Rich, Red Fury, and Blazing Bob. Dealers spotted in the room included, in addition to the latter two, Dave Reynolds, Al Stoltz (who was buying only), Gary Platt, Marc Nathan and Gene Carpenter. Got to meet and chat for the very first time with serious SA collector Rube11.

This little monthly show continues to be a delight.

Hola to Foolkiller, namisgr, Rube11, and SOT.

Never bring any good books close to them, they have a sixth sense about what is in your box. lol.

It was great meeting all of you and really enjoyed the collecting tips and "screening" of my books.

Hasta,

Pablo

Pablo, good meeting you today. Bob, always a pleasure. :) Good to see John (SOT/CC) back on the East Coast too!

There was a good turnout at the show today, and a lot of nice books in the room. I picked some nice GA books for my stock, and one sweet book for my collection. This is one of my favorite Superman issues, the "angry" Superman cover. Superman doesn't like Nazis!

Superman23_CGCF60.jpg

Hola to Foolkiller, namisgr, Rube11, and SOT.

Never bring any good books close to them, they have a sixth sense about what is in your box. lol.

It was great meeting all of you and really enjoyed the collecting tips and "screening" of my books.

Hasta,

Pablo

:whistle: