• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAREDEVIL #131 CGC 9.6 ow/w on eBAY!

18 posts in this topic

I'm bored! wink.gif I knew my max bid of 252.-- wouldn't/won't last for very long and most likely wouldn't meet reserve anyway. This book will go for $500.00 easy.

I'm more interested in winning the GL 86, but that probably won't happen either. grin.giffrown.gif

That guy's seller list is amazing....

9.6 DD 168

9.4 X-Men 94

9.6 IF 14

I just have to wonder whether he'll pull any of his other auctions early like he did with the DD 158...

I can't remember the last time I saw a seller with so much good stuff and feedback under 15....

Oh, I think the seller is legit... it's just odd for some one to list all their best stuff so early in their eBay career. You know some money will sit on the sidelines because they don't trust a new seller...

You know some money will sit on the sidelines because they don't trust a new seller...

A lot of genuinely new sellers don't realize this. I know someone who saw that piece about ebay on 60 Minutes and is now convinced that she can make $35,000 a month selling on ebay. She has no idea what to sell, how to do it, and doesn't own a computer, but watching that TV show made her certain of success. I tried to explain that a zero feedback sunglasses seller doesn't engender trust, and she scoffed at me, saying "when they see what I'm selling, they'll buy". Not that she knows what she's selling, she's just assuming that whatever it might be will garner huge money.

And since she doesn't want to buy a computer, she is trying to figure out how to sell on ebay using her TV.

Her ideal plan is to get her sister to write and post the auctions (her sister has a computer and good feedack, all as buyer), her son to do the shipping, and she will spend the money. Oh, and she wants nothing to do with actually talking to the customers, so that will be her sister's job as well.

In short, not everyone knows all the ins and outs of selling on ebay.

The seller you're talking about may have an amazing collection, needs Christmas money, and decided to generate some quick cash. It may not be his 'best' stuff in his mind. He could collect some other title with more ferocity and these were just his "this is nice, too" stuff. We can't know what he's thinking unless the seller tells us why he is doing what he is doing.

-- Joanna

BOC and blowout - thanks, I love you guys cause you are hilarious! BOC - good looking out on the doofy avatar - may have knocked it down several hundred for me.

Blowout - not flipping - this IS a Major MARVEL key issue that any collector is blessed to own especially in top census grade grin.gif . If you know of 50 more copies of this issue coming out at 9.6 or 9.8 from CGC, then let me know. I wouldn't hurt the value to have 50 more grade at lower than a 9.6 tho wink.gif I'd take that anyday.

And btw, I got shilled...I'm gonna ask the seller to split the difference wink.gif BWAHAHAHA!

Heh, glad I could help you out Darth. I'm sure my doofy avatar saved you at least 300 bucks!!! Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm thinking there are a lot of lurkers out there who read our posts as gospel. We are indeed a powerful group of comic nerds. Kinda reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer joins the Stonecutters & they pretty much run Springfield behind-the-scenes. They control the price of milk & gas, & they are the sole reason why Steve Guttenberg is a star! That's us, the Stonecutters, except we control the comic book market. big-nod-yes.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics