• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Low Grade = Low Cost or Trade

36 posts in this topic

I believe the person recieving it, is going to have to pay a customs fee. the way you sent it, but I don't live in Canada.

I kinda figured this too. I sent a PM telling them that I would work with them on this.

Should have just sent it to me down in Florida.
:lol: :hi: How was WDW?? When I lived in Orlando and was going to UCF my wife worked at the Sun bank in the park so I would take her pass and walk the park after class! Those were good days! We did not have a dime (ate peanut butter - no bread - for a week and lived in a mobile home trailer) but what a great time in our life!! No kids no money no worries!

:lol: :hi: How was WDW?? When I lived in Orlando and was going to UCF my wife worked at the Sun bank in the park so I would take her pass and walk the park after class! Those were good days! We did not have a dime (ate peanut butter - no bread - for a week and lived in a mobile home trailer) but what a great time in our life!! No kids no money no worries!

My wife and I are UCF Alumni too! Still live just outside Orlando! :applause:

Then they told me that the tracking and insurance would only work until it reached Canada after that the post office is not responsible. :o

If you enter the USPS tracking number into the Canada Post website, you'll be able to track the parcel after it crosses the border. It's sometimes a little slow in updating, though.

I believe the person recieving it, is going to have to pay a customs fee. the way you sent it, but I don't live in Canada.

In my experience, Canada Customs will almost always assess duty to anything valued over $200.

We left early on Sat & didn't return Sun due to sudden fever brought on by the flu with ear infections :cry:

I gotta recover for MegaCon this weekend :wishluck:

Then they told me that the tracking and insurance would only work until it reached Canada after that the post office is not responsible. :o

If you enter the USPS tracking number into the Canada Post website, you'll be able to track the parcel after it crosses the border. It's sometimes a little slow in updating, though.

Thank you I will try that once it crosses the border into the great white north! (thumbs u

In my experience, Canada Customs will almost always assess duty to anything valued over $200.

Is there an honest way to avoid this? (shrug) What would have happened if I had insured it for 675 and declared it for a dollar (Maybe with the exchange rate no one would notice! :jokealert: )

We left early on Sat & didn't return Sun due to sudden fever brought on by the flu with ear infections :cry:

I gotta recover for MegaCon this weekend :wishluck:

Sorry to hear you were not well this weekend. :sorry: I hope you get well soon! :wishluck:

My wife and I are UCF Alumni too! Still live just outside Orlando! :applause:

Go knights -- Reach for the stars!!

UCF_horizontal_logo.png

I live in Canada and the tracking between Canada Post and and USPS is pretty good. I have made a number of acquisitions from the US over the past couple of years. Canada Customs will assess duty on anything with declared value over $50 in my experience.

USPS is my preferred delivery method. If UPS ground courier is used then the recipient will have to not only pay the customs but also use a customs broker to bring the item across the border. This is cost prohibitive to the recipient.

Sorry, but I am not sure if there is a better delivery system than USPS for comics in the $1k value range. Assuming your insurance coverage is capped, I would strongly recommend using a box rather than cardboard. I recently had a bad experience buying a TTA 35 off Ebay whch came to me bent! :mad:

Cheers

Sanj

I live in Canada and the tracking between Canada Post and and USPS is pretty good. I have made a number of acquisitions from the US over the past couple of years. Canada Customs will assess duty on anything with declared value over $50 in my experience.

USPS is my preferred delivery method. If UPS ground courier is used then the recipient will have to not only pay the customs but also use a customs broker to bring the item across the border. This is cost prohibitive to the recipient.

Sorry, but I am not sure if there is a better delivery system than USPS for comics in the $1k value range. Assuming your insurance coverage is capped, I would strongly recommend using a box rather than cardboard. I recently had a bad experience buying a TTA 35 off Ebay whch came to me bent! :mad:

Cheers

Sanj

Thank you for the advice. I put it in a USPS mailing box with a lot of peanuts and bubble wrap. Hopefully it will get there without any problems. I just did not know how to avoid the customs scam - I mean charges!

Thank you for the advice. I put it in a USPS mailing box with a lot of peanuts and bubble wrap. Hopefully it will get there without any problems. I just did not know how to avoid the customs scam - I mean charges!

Just put a signed "Bill of Sale" in the box ;)

Thank you I will try that once it crosses the border into the great white north! (thumbs u

Is there an honest way to avoid this? (shrug) What would have happened if I had insured it for 675 and declared it for a dollar (Maybe with the exchange rate no one would notice! :jokealert: )

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to insure a package without having to declare it's value for customs purposes. The only way around customs that I'm aware of is to "walk" the parcel across the border and mail it on the Canadian side. I know a few eBay sellers that live close to the border who do this to cut down on shipping costs as well.

BTW - If you run into an issue with USPS capping the insurable amount, there are third party insurance firms that will provide full coverage. It's pricy, though...