• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #40

15 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Same as the FF 48.. this book will be heading to cgc in a few weeks... thoughts please.. the small "dirty" area by the back staple is the biggest defect,looks like rub from another book,the back cover appears darker in the scan than it really is,seems to have a slight general "rub" from whatever book it sat on..the dirty spot may/may not "clean" off,i'm not sure.

Spiderman40.jpg

AmazingSpiderman40back.jpg

Hi folks,

Same as the FF 48.. this book will be heading to cgc in a few weeks... thoughts please.. the small "dirty" area by the back staple is the biggest defect,looks like rub from another book,the back cover appears darker in the scan than it really is,seems to have a slight general "rub" from whatever book it sat on..the dirty spot may/may not "clean" off,i'm not sure.

Actually, the biggest defect with this book is the excessive tanning. CGC will hammer the grade for this. :sumo: The next biggest defect is the color loss to the FC at the bottom staple . :sumo: :sumo: As to what you think is the biggest defect, a pencil-tipped white gum eraser would gently take care of that . . . . ;)

p.s. Is that color loss/indent at the GG's elbow? hm

Hi folks,

Actually, the biggest defect with this book is the excessive tanning. CGC will hammer the grade for this. :sumo: The next biggest defect is the color loss to the FC at the bottom staple . :sumo: :sumo: As to what you think is the biggest defect, a pencil-tipped white gum eraser would gently take care of that . . . . ;)

pretty sure that its something on the scan... will have to check that and report back... i agree the bottom staple and back cover tanning are the main problems,but also already in my head figured them into the grade when i picked the book up...hopefully the other stuff will come off the back...i also put the book at 7.0 with a 7.5 hopefull/possible.

Hi folks,

pretty sure that its something on the scan... will have to check that and report back... i agree the bottom staple and back cover tanning are the main problems,but also already in my head figured them into the grade when i picked the book up...hopefully the other stuff will come off the back...i also put the book at 7.0 with a 7.5 hopefull/possible.

:wishluck: (thumbs u

I wouldn't mess with 'the dirty spot' on the back cover. If it does come clean it will be a contrast to the general tanning of the BC and look like a rub.

Although tiny, there are some tears on the bottom. I think 7.0 is about right.