• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celebrity Authentics has Robert Downey Jr

72 posts in this topic

Downey book is sold out!

I think for the money its a good deal. Low print run and Downey is one of the best in the business, probably the coolest guy in Hollywood.

Is the print run on the book 100, or is the print run big and Downey is only signing 100?

The print run will be a normal Marvel print run. Downey is only signing 100 and this is not a variant made for the signing.

$350 for a modern book signed by Robert Downey Jr. seems outrageous to me. I'm sure he'll sign a ton of other Iron Man books, and soon supply will outstrip demand and these will be selling for $200 on Ebay. (shrug)

Downey book is sold out!

I think for the money its a good deal. Low print run and Downey is one of the best in the business, probably the coolest guy in Hollywood.

Is the print run on the book 100, or is the print run big and Downey is only signing 100?

The print run will be a normal Marvel print run. Downey is only signing 100 and this is not a variant made for the signing.

$350 for a modern book signed by Robert Downey Jr. seems outrageous to me. I'm sure he'll sign a ton of other Iron Man books, and soon supply will outstrip demand and these will be selling for $200 on Ebay. (shrug)

Let me know when his next signing is.

Yep, they are going to overflow the market after this. I'll buy my copy for $100 next year

If they overflow the market, they are guilty of false advertising, since it is supposed to be a limited edition of 100 copies. Theoretically, the only copies that would end up on ebay would sell for higher unless someone had to take a loss for financial reasons.

Celebrity Authenix could do another signing with a different book in the future, but something tells me that Robert Downey Jr. is going to be extremely busy and not available again for a while. In fact they made the pre-sale without an actual signing date, so even this one is tentative. I hope they can pull it off.

Unless someone else organizes a Robert Downey Jr. signing through CGC, which is not likely given the new rules, you will only see a limited amount of these, which means they will retain value.

Bill.

Just got an email from Celebrity Authentics stating that the Robert Downey Jr. comic was their fastest sell-out ever. They were thrilled, especially considering the price.

As far as having a signing date, it's been pretty common for Celebrity Authentics to list signings without divulging the actual date. Sigourney Weaver never had a solid date, but they still had to push her signing back due to her extended PR schedule for Avatar.

While I haven't bought anything prior to their CGC offerings, I've kept a close eye on Celebrity Authentics to see how they operate. So far, they haven't missed a signing yet with anyone. They have had to change dates occassionally, but they seem solid.

Just got an email from Celebrity Authentics stating that the Robert Downey Jr. comic was their fastest sell-out ever. They were thrilled, especially considering the price.

As far as having a signing date, it's been pretty common for Celebrity Authentics to list signings without divulging the actual date. Sigourney Weaver never had a solid date, but they still had to push her signing back due to her extended PR schedule for Avatar.

While I haven't bought anything prior to their CGC offerings, I've kept a close eye on Celebrity Authentics to see how they operate. So far, they haven't missed a signing yet with anyone. They have had to change dates occassionally, but they seem solid.

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that they wouldn't meet their commitment. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. Their email alert helped out, otherwise I would never had acted in time.

Bill.

Yep, they are going to overflow the market after this. I'll buy my copy for $100 next year

If they overflow the market, they are guilty of false advertising, since it is supposed to be a limited edition of 100 copies. Theoretically, the only copies that would end up on ebay would sell for higher unless someone had to take a loss for financial reasons.

100 identical CGC 9.8 SS copies is a lot, though - I could see them holding their value if you were talking about 10 copies @ $350 each, but with 100 copies in play, I have to agree with Danny; if multiple copies of these books show up on ebay, there's just no chance they're going to hold their value.

100 identical CGC 9.8 SS copies is a lot, though - I could see them holding their value if you were talking about 10 copies @ $350 each, but with 100 copies in play, I have to agree with Danny; if multiple copies of these books show up on ebay, there's just no chance they're going to hold their value.

I see where you guys are coming from, but I am not sure there will be a whole lot of flippers on this one. I've got two copies coming, but the second is for a friend that will buy it when he has more cash on hand. No profit for me, just helping out. I think the majority of these will sink into collections never to be seen again.

I agree with what Doug said :hi: I don't think we'll see many of these on ebay. I bet everybody who bought one in this thread will not be planning on selling :) I know I wont.

I see where you guys are coming from, but I am not sure there will be a whole lot of flippers on this one. I've got two copies coming, but the second is for a friend that will buy it when he has more cash on hand. No profit for me, just helping out. I think the majority of these will sink into collections never to be seen again.

Hey did anybody who ordered one put something down in the personalization section. It said you get up to 4 words so I took a chance and put down for him to add "I AM IRON MAN" .....They sent me an email right away to let me know my ordered had been adjusted as personalization could only be done on the photos and posters (: