• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MENACE for sale!

7 posts in this topic

Tonight I offer a few examples from one of everyone's favorite Atlas horror titles, Menace. These books boast some fabulous stories by Bill Everett, Russ Heath, and many other Atlas favorites. All prices include first-class shipping, insurance is extra. I have priced these pretty high because they are such amazing books, but I will happily consider offers sent via PM. :takeit: wins the book in spite of other offers or negotiations. Thanks!

Menace #2 (April 1953), featuring a dynamite Everett cover plus interior art by him as well as Russ Heath (a beauty!), George Tuska and Joe Sinnott. I call this one FN- because of the small tear on the back cover by the spine, but it looks much nicer, with spine stress and a corner crease on the top of the cover. The book has phenomenal color and gloss on the cover, and fantastic off-white to white pages. An extremely cool comic book! $400

menace2.jpg

menace2a.jpg

Menace #3 (May 1953) (incredible that this was a monthly title!), featuring cover and art by Everett, plus art by Heath, Romita and Maneely (what a line-up!), in stunning VF- condition, with light spine wear and a light wrinkle or two on the cover; awfully close to a VF, in my opinion. Nice color and superb gloss on the cover, and remarkable off-white to white pages. Breathtaking! $600

menace3.jpg

menace3a.jpg

Finally, Menace #7 (September 1953), featuring a rather ordinary Carl Burgos cover (Everett must have been working on some romance stories), but with an incredible Russ Heath story inside, plus contributions from Syd Shores, Joe Sinnott and Joe Maneely, in very attractive VG-FN condition, with wear and stress along the spine, and a 1" corner crease on the top and a 1½" corner crease on the bottom. Deep, vibrant color and excellent gloss on the cover, and very supple off-white pages. The runt of this litter! $195

menace7.jpg

menace7a.jpg

I will try to post a few more books in an evening or so. Many thanks again to those who have already bought from me.

Greetings to all! Tonight a few more Menace books, one of the premiere Atlas horror titles. :takeit: carries the day, but I will be happy to entertain offers sent by PM. First-class shipping included in all prices.

Menace #8 (October 1953), featuring two very cool Russ Heath stories plus another wonderful story by Joe Maneely and a neat werewolf story by John Romita.

Very attractive FN- condition, with stress marks on the spine, a long but light vertical crease near the center of the book, and some smudges on the back cover. The cover has superb color and lots of appealing gloss, and the pages are cream to off-white and very supple. $195

menace8.jpg

menace8a.jpg

Menace #9 (January 1954), featuring an excellent Gene Colan cover plus wonderful stories by Bill Everett and Joe Maneely and a zombie story by the inimitable John Forte, in very strong FN condition, with spine wear and a long but very light diagonal crease close to the edge of the cover. Deep, moody color and outstanding gloss on the cover, and excellent off-white pages. $250

menace9.jpg

menace9a.jpg

Menace #11 (May 1954), the final issue of the all-too-short run, featuring a very distinctive Harry Anderson cover plus stories inside by John Romita, Seymour Moskowitz, and a real stand-out by Jack Katz, in very attractive FN condition, with light spine and edge wear, a few small creases by the dge of the cover, and some light finger bends. Deep, rich color and nice gloss on the cover, and terrific off-white pages. $220

menace11.jpg

menace11a.jpg

I will also repost Menace #7 (September 1953) from an earlier thread, the only one that remains, in nice VG-FN condition, with creasing along the spine and a corner crease on the top of the cover, with a reduced price of $160.

menace7.jpg

menace7a.jpg

Thanks to everyone for looking, and have a wonderful weekend!