• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adult Fantasy (1st) and Men's Adventures (last)

5 posts in this topic

A couple more nice books tonight. First, many thanks to those who have purchased books from my previous posts. It's wonderful to know that these are going to good homes! As always, :takeit: carries the day, but I will be very happy to entertain offers via PM. Free shipping on both books!

First up, a very handsome copy of Amazing Adult Fantasy #7 (December 1961), the first issue with the new "sophisticated" logo that, according to Marvel at the time, helped doom the title just as Spider-Man showed up. This is an absolutely gorgeous VF- to VF copy with light stress on the spine, a tiny color flake on the bottom of the cover, and a couple of small vertical impressions on the top, in the A of the title. The book has fabulous rich color and superb gloss on the cover, and beautiful off-white pages. A real beauty!! $895

aaf7.jpg

aaf7a.jpg

Next, a super-nice of Men's Adventures #28 (July 1954), the last issue in the series that featured adventure stories, war, some outstanding horror content, and, finally, a couple of entries into the Atlas revival of the golden-age Timely super-heroes. This one features the Human Torch by Ayers, Captain America by John Romita, and, of course, the Sub-Mariner by Bill Everett, a terrific 8-page story.

I call this book F-VF, with a bit of spine wear, a small, light crease near the top corner, and a few light finger bends. The cover boasts deep, radiant color and incredible gloss, and the pages are off-white to white, supple and snappy. The previous issue featured Sub-Mariner by Bob Powell (just not the same!) so this one enjoys a certain uniqueness. $995

ma28.jpg

ma28a.jpg

That's all for tonight--thanks for looking! I'll be back in a couple of days with a few more Menace to offer!

One more drastic price reduction. Remember, if you are interested in either book, let me know by PM and we may very well work a deal. Thanks!

Amazing Adult Fantasy #7 (VF-) - $395

Men's Adventures #28 (F-VF) - $495