• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Marvel Coppers?

306 posts in this topic

Just wondering which issues would be in the conversation of the top 10 Marvel copper/modern books? This excludes rrp's (more a dc thing), chromium, ss, etc... It's an offshoot of the dc bronze/copper conversation a few days ago...

asm 300

xmen 366

dd 168

new mutants 87/98

wolverine 1 ms

marvel zombies 1?

any help?

Just wondering which issues would be in the conversation of the top 10 Marvel copper/modern books? This excludes rrp's (more a dc thing), chromium, ss, etc... It's an offshoot of the dc bronze/copper conversation a few days ago...

asm 300

xmen 366 266

dd 168

new mutants 87/98

wolverine 1 ms

marvel zombies 1? Not a Copper Age series (estimated to be around 1980-1992)

any help?

If we are talking 9.8 books that are most sought after, and only the Top 10, maybe the other 4 in addition to your list would be:

7) ASM 301 (considered very tough in 9.8, though there are 45 out there).

8) Wolverine 10 (1st Wolverine/Sabertooth battle; 1st Silver Fox).

9) Punisher Limited Series 1.

10) This could be either Captain America Annual 8 (Battle between Captain America and Wolverine) or Hulk 340 (2nd battle between Hulk and Wolverine).

In terms of significance, ASM #252 and Secret Wars #8 are 2 books that must be mentioned when talking copper books keys. Its the only reason ASM #300 even makes this list.

10 is a short list, so I would have to put ahead of #300 if I had to.

Captain America Annual 8 (Battle between Captain America and Wolverine)

:pullhair:

I luv ya Nick.

But the only thing that bugs me about this book is the hype of Cap vs. Wolverine "battle." Great Zeck cover alone makes you want to get this book. But the scuffle is lacking.

capann8pnl1.jpg

capann8pnl2.jpg

capann8pnl3_4.jpg

capann8pnl5_6.jpg

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS!!!!!!!

Well ASM 238 is a book I think should be in the top 10.

:applause:

Very good point, and how the heck did I forget that book? I value that book more than ASM 300, but it's only because I appreciated the Hobgoblin character more and all the mystery that was behind his origin for the longest time.

Very good point, and how the heck did I forget that book? I value that book more than ASM 300, but it's only because I appreciated the Hobgoblin character more and all the mystery that was behind his origin for the longest time.

hm great points..

I remember the mystery of his secret identity lasting like 2 yrs or so.

hm

The cover alone clearly shows Spider-Man was going to have his hands full for a long while with this character. This is not my copy (my two 9.6s are tucked away), but I always loved that cover.

238-1.jpg

) Wolverine 10 (1st Wolverine/Sabertooth battle; 1st Silver Fox).

I never understood that. Is it a flashback to their "1st battle"?

They fought in Xmen 211/212 (I think those were the issues) long before Wolverine even had his series, IIRC. (shrug)

Just wondering which issues would be in the conversation of the top 10 Marvel copper/modern books?

any help?

Sure...but first you have to define what you mean by "Top 10."

Do you mean in importance?

Do you mean in value?

Do you mean in influence?

For all of the above, it's hard to argue against Amazing Spiderman #300. It's the clear winner of all Marvels from the last 25+ years.

The rest of the list is debatable.