• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Fans of Kraven's Last Hunt in the house?

87 posts in this topic

The upside-down Kraven/Spidey splash is cool, but I agree, the ideal page should be a synthesis of aesthetics/layout and STORY (A Kraven "moment" was a good way to put it).

That being said, though I haven't been buying the way I'd like to (bc of finances of course) just seeing this material come available had me diving into emergency monies to get involved. I guess everyone's threshold is different, but I think Mike really priced alot of the material right.

Ken

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=19201

The upside-down Kraven/Spidey splash is cool, but I agree, the ideal page should be a synthesis of aesthetics/layout and STORY (A Kraven "moment" was a good way to put it).

That being said, though I haven't been buying the way I'd like to (bc of finances of course) just seeing this material come available had me diving into emergency monies to get involved. I guess everyone's threshold is different, but I think Mike really priced alot of the material right.

Ken

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=19201

C'mon Ken....don't leave us hanging?

Whatcha get? :whee:

Well, let me clarify what I meant. That splash was simply the best one that was available as far as sweet art, giant piece, funny, and relevant. Come on, he is hanging by a piece of rope with a knot in it! If Zeck ever does commisons again, I would love to get that redone without the mask.

I think the overall coolest panel page is definitely the one he picked up with the multiple shots of Kraven going through his emotions over the grave, followed by the giant splash of the tombstone (293 pg1). There were definitely a lot of great pieces in the 2 book lot, I dont thnk ANYONE got a "bad piece" by any means. I think they were priced right, but for the amounts listed I went with the 2 I did because 1)they were reasonable 2) I got a first appearance villian page 3) I actually liked vermin for awhile 4) small shot of the tombstone (woo hoo!!)

I cant believe he still has the page with MJ beating the rat to death!

MJ beating the rat to dead pages was sold (or on hold) early on , its the page before that which is still for sale. I agree Mike priced the pages pretty well, I really expected them to be much more. Though I can only go by what pages I still saw for sale. The best one I never saw prices on.

MJ beating the rat to dead pages was sold (or on hold) early on , its the page before that which is still for sale. I agree Mike priced the pages pretty well, I really expected them to be much more. Though I can only go by what pages I still saw for sale. The best one I never saw prices on.

I was surprised that the rat beating lasted until I found out about the sale... :whistle:

Ok Chris i'll give you one hint:

"I am KRAVEN!!"

Hope that helps :grin:

-Ken

That's awesome, that would have been my choice right after the one I picked as well. If I had enough spare cash to get two pages I would have grabbed it too.

Iconic page....congrats.

Thanks Chris, it was your original post in this very thread which prompted me to immediately email Mike (late Wednesday night) as the story-line is a real, personal favorite. I was lucky enough to catch him literally in the process of making the pieces public so I had my pick, minus yours of course. For once in this hobby I was in the right place at the right time!

In all honesty I couldn't be happier,

-Ken

Ok, I'll join in. Thanks to Chris and Mike I picked up the page I wanted from those two books (it's interesting how everyone found "the page" that made the story for them). Really shows how the story line resonated with so many of us. Me? I picked up the last page of Spectacular Spiderman 131, with Spidey's hand breaking ground. To me, the combination of dialogue and pictures (which is what this is all about) is "Watchmen like", and really sets the stage for the final confrontation.

Ron

I have the price list if you want it Peck. I was in pretty much the same boat as Ken, and was able to get my first choice off the list. The only one listed as sold when I got the list was Chris' page.

I was surprised that the rat beating lasted until I found out about the sale... :whistle:

VERY cool! I know it was on hold yesterday, then today I saw it for sale. Glad someone picked it up cause it ws very tempting!

I liked the whole giant Spider scene and would have liked any page from the sequence, I will admit the one I got when the Spider is created is my favorite. Of the two books offered I would have picked the first page with the tombstone or Chris' page, I also like MJ killing the rat page.

I created an album for posterity with all the images and prices:

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/FerranDelgado/Kraven/

Use the "slideshow" red button at top right for an easy viewing.

I just hope that none bothers with that, including Mike, but I think that these pages are historical and should be available for anyone to enjoy ever.