• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazing Bob helps me break 100,000

92 posts in this topic

While not overly concerned about Registry Points...

And you care so little you felt the need to start a new forum thread about it... meh

Maybe I should start all my posts with, "While not overly concerned if mealy-mouthed brats invest their parent's retirement savings on Modern comics".

seriously, do you ever have anything positive to say? Talk about a negative nancy!

joe is just taking delight in the irony of the situation is all. i thought his post was

humorous.

but then this place seems to enjoy masturbation jokes more so i can see how joe

may be disliked for being different.

While not overly concerned about Registry Points...

And you care so little you felt the need to start a new forum thread about it... meh

Maybe I should start all my posts with, "While not overly concerned if mealy-mouthed brats invest their parent's retirement savings on Modern comics".

seriously, do you ever have anything positive to say? Talk about a negative nancy!

joe is just taking delight in the irony of the situation is all. i thought his post was

humorous.

but then this place seems to enjoy masturbation jokes more so i can see how joe

may be disliked for being different.

Disliked is isn't the right word. Like most of us, he's consumed with self importance, only he's not as adept at hiding it as the rest of us. Furthermore, while most are here to build a sense of commonality or community, Vince seems hellbent on just the opposite. Like I said, disliked isn't the right word.

but then this place seems to enjoy masturbation jokes more so i can see how joe may be disliked for being different.

I'm just astounded that someone as highbrow as yourself would stoop so low as to patronize such a den of arrested behavior.

Yeah, that TEC #29 CGC 9.6 sounds pretty special, but am I the only one who thinks that the points system might be a little lopsided here?

It is, CGC knows it, which is why the rankings are pretty useless except when you're ranking two sets of the same type against each other...all the cross-set and cumulative statistics would shift dramatically if the issue weights were accurate. That's why they tried to form an agreement with comicspriceguide.com to use dynamic market values for points instead of numbers made up by the admins. I heard about that agreement like six months ago, but still no action yet. (shrug)

but then this place seems to enjoy masturbation jokes more so i can see how joe may be disliked for being different.

I'm just astounded that someone as highbrow as yourself would stoop so low as to patronize such a den of arrested behavior.

Dens of arrested behavior. :headbang:

lol, "arrested behavior" might be the understatement of the century. If I wanted to "fit in here", I'd need a time machine to go back to when I was 6 years old.

lol, "arrested behavior" might be the understatement of the century. If I wanted to "fit in here", I'd need a time machine to go back to when I was 6 years old.

Ah, but if you wanted to be a useful member here you'd have to mature. See the catch?

:baiting:

:gossip: it's a shorter trip for you then you think.

Shouldn't you be mass-pressing comics right now?

That's after work, not during. Get your time line straight.

You and that other chap do come across as very similar, I must say. Both of you feel the need to frequent a place that you clearly have enormous contempt for, have no interest in discourse with anyone unless it involves an opportunity to flaunt your self-styled superiority or to get a rise out of people, yet you both (allegedly) collect and read comic books.

Which makes you one of us nerdballs. JC. Your time machine is this Forum. :whistle:

That's after work, not during. Get your time line straight.

You're right - I'm off today to help with the kids (March Break) so I keep thinking it's Saturday. doh!

Thats when I get home. Right now I am at my 9-5 job. I wouldn't go as far as saying mass-pressing yet. I do aspire to mass-press one day. Right now it is more like assembly line-pressing. I need a few more presses to qualify for mass status.

Which makes you one of us nerdballs. JC. Your time machine is this Forum.

In a way you're right, as I do love talking comics.

But my skin does crawl when one of these "hottest comic babes", "who's the sexiest movie star?", "I want to date Jessica Alba" etc. dateless fanboy threads appears. Literally.

Your time machine is this Forum.

Is that going to result in one of those temporal causality loop thingy jigs?

Its a thingamabob, not a loopy things jig. Didn't you learn anything in science class. :screwy:

I wouldn't go as far as saying mass-pressing yet. I do aspire to mass-press one day. Right now it is more like assembly line-pressing. I need a few more presses to qualify for mass status.

Keep up the hard work, and I'm sure you'll make your parent's proud. (thumbs u

Which makes you one of us nerdballs. JC. Your time machine is this Forum.

In a way you're right, as I do love talking comics.

But my skin does crawl when one of these "hottest comic babes", "who's the sexiest movie star?", "I want to date Jessica Alba" etc. dateless fanboy threads appears. Literally.

Why? Are you gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that. (thumbs u

Your time machine is this Forum.

Is that going to result in one of those temporal causality loop thingy jigs?

Yes, I'm afraid so. At about 11 PM tonight, Roy will turn into greggy, Gav will mutate into cgcmod5, JC will have a benign interlude and red pants will no longer be de rigueur chez Goldie.