• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a list of all the possible sketch covers?

59 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider has an all black cover. The issue # escapes me.

I think there are four of them, from the old Marvel Midnight Sons books. Bill Dinh's latest thread has examples of them in there.

OK, here is some more that are not ever used..but they can.... New X-files -1, New X-Files -2, X-files #1, totally balck and white covers..from Topps

I think the 0 issue is all white as well. I pulled one the other day in case I get a chance to get Charlie Adlard to do a zombie Scully.

OK, here is some more that are not ever used..but they can.... New X-files -1, New X-Files -2, X-files #1, totally balck and white covers..from Topps

I think the 0 issue is all white as well. I pulled one the other day in case I get a chance to get Charlie Adlard to do a zombie Scully.

Did he???

I think these are perfect for "other" Aliens... ET, Star Wars Aliens, 'Aliens', Predator,....etc

Did he???

I think these are perfect for "other" Aliens... ET, Star Wars Aliens, 'Aliens', Predator,....etc

Flukeman

They are both DCs so you won't want them, but in the interest of completeness . . .

The list isn't a matter of my personal taste. Someone just asked me what kind of options they had if they wanted a sketch. That got me to thinking about what exactly might be out there. So, I thought a list would be kind of cool for people to look through a list and see what was available for them. (Code for maybe they will leave the MP books alone. :whistle: )

Not sure if anyone has done this before, but what about Solar #10?

I am not positive, George, but I thought that Solar 10 had some areas that were slightly raised/embossed. That would make sketching tough.

They are both DCs so you won't want them, but in the interest of completeness . . .

The list isn't a matter of my personal taste. Someone just asked me what kind of options they had if they wanted a sketch. That got me to thinking about what exactly might be out there. So, I thought a list would be kind of cool for people to look through a list and see what was available for them. (Code for maybe they will leave the MP books alone. :whistle: )

I like the black border blanks better than the MPs.

Well if we are starting to suggest covers that are not totally "blank"...then Umbrella Academy wraparound (LIM. to 1000)...that one would be good for sketches...

If you take a closer look the MPs have a little more room to add a sketch on. The black border (DA and SI) is nice because of the frame effect, but if you want a complete sketch, go with the MPs. Unless you're planning on getting somethig sketched on the back cover of the DAs or SIs.

"so keep your opinion to yourself. This isn't the thread for it."

C'mon Jim...when have you ever kept your opinion to yourself???

Never. lol

But I don't want this thread to devolve into an argument over whether or not ASM 36 should or should not be sketched on as it's not the point.

And you don't have to edit in graemlins. I know when you're poking fun... even if it's true. (thumbs u

Not sure if anyone has done this before, but what about Solar #10?

I am not positive, George, but I thought that Solar 10 had some areas that were slightly raised/embossed. That would make sketching tough.

I think only the logo at the top is such. And I bet the back cover is completely smooth.