• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return Policies

62 posts in this topic

Patrick, this is an apology. No excuses, just recognition and admittance of what I did wrong. Please don't continue to direct me on being accurate about my affirmations when I've already addressed that issue.

First and foremost, Patrick did apologize when I PMed that I wasn't happy with one of the books. My post earlier did make it seem as though the seller in that transaction did not. I was generalizing sellers while using a specific example. I shouldn't have because that implied it as a fact to my specific example.

I am sorry that this now may have a direct impact on Patrick. The post truly was intended to be about sellers overall, and the meaning of "satisfaction guaranteed". It was not intended to on Patrick's grading.

Again, This thread was not really about you, or our piddly transaction. But yes, I've admitted that your return policy and that transaction were a factor in the threads inception. However, you've done a great job making it all about you. Which is regrettable because it will appear to some that I was unnecessarily whining about our deal. I can understand why, but it really is not the case....C'est La Vie

Yet again, our transaction was "no big deal", until now, and I could still care less about the books or the money. I will, however, continue to stand behind this statement:

"If you are confident in your grading and offer a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy. Then don't even discuss it with the buyer, just take the return, and be cool about it."

...for my customers, that includes return shipping on any book I sell including CGC graded books.

..and yes, I am guilty of being nice, that is still the situation.

I fully expect another long response rehashing more of the same, and I will be happy to let you have the last word on the subject. Go for it.

Patrick, this is an apology. No excuses, just recognition and admittance of what I did wrong. Please don't continue to direct me on being accurate about my affirmations when I've already addressed that issue.

First and foremost, Patrick did apologize when I PMed that I wasn't happy with one of the books. My post earlier did make it seem as though the seller in that transaction did not. I was generalizing sellers while using a specific example. I shouldn't have because that implied it as a fact to my specific example.

I am sorry that this now may have a direct impact on Patrick. The post truly was intended to be about sellers overall, and the meaning of "satisfaction guaranteed". It was not intended to on Patrick's grading.

Again, This thread was not really about you, or our piddly transaction. But yes, I've admitted that your return policy and that transaction were a factor in the threads inception. However, you've done a great job making it all about you. Which is regrettable because it will appear to some that I was unnecessarily whining about our deal. I can understand why, but it really is not the case....C'est La Vie

Yet again, our transaction was "no big deal", until now, and I could still care less about the books or the money. I will, however, continue to stand behind this statement:

"If you are confident in your grading and offer a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy. Then don't even discuss it with the buyer, just take the return, and be cool about it."

...for my customers, that includes return shipping on any book I sell including CGC graded books.

..and yes, I am guilty of being nice, that is still the situation.

I fully expect another long response rehashing more of the same, and I will be happy to let you have the last word on the subject. Go for it.

It seems that you didn't read my last post... Despite using different words, you still are rehashing the same things, which I have answered all... You had to adjust your words when I did post our PMs. "Generalizing sellers while using a specific example" ? Sure....

Why do you still persist with your insinuations ? Why are you whining for a $14 book and a 8.0 vs 8.5 grading difference when you didn't even ask for a return ? Why waiting four months ? Why doing it publicly instead of letting me know first ? I feel it like a personal attack towards me now. That is something I would never do to another seller unless I am a total :censored:.

In order to take a return, the buyer needs to ask for it. Why did you just not ask for a return and are still declining it ? Piddly transaction ? Then why starting this whole thread ? That just defy my logic.

My last post is on page 6 of this thread. I suggest that you do read it...

I am confident with my grading and I do offer a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy. I take returns and I am cool about it. There was no "debating" there, please read our old PMs again. I did explain my grading of 8.5 to you and then did ask you for your opinion and feedback, you told me 8.0 and I did thank you for the feedback and that I will consider it. In fact, I did consider your feedback and I now try to disclose any major defect with books in my listings, especially if a book looks NM in a scan but is advertised as VF+. I also always answer any and all questions that a potential buyer may have regarding a book defects. Always did, always do and always will. As a buyer, I also do ask a lot of questions when I want to buy a book.

You do have your return policy and I do have mine. I also do have a disclosure policy regarding pressing. I will however not start a whining thread about other sellers whom may have a different policy than mine, that would be endless and a total waste of time.

I will also continue to stand behind this statement:

"What I'm guilty of in that PM and overall transaction, is being nice." : Not at all, what you are guilty of is to complain publicly when you did not try to work things with me first. 'nuff said.

If I have a problem with a book or a seller, I work things out with him first, privately.

If I want to return a book, I will tell the seller.

If I tell the seller "no big deal" or "it doesn't worth a return", I mean it and my comments to that seller would be then just a feedback or a 2c. It did happen here a few times with a few sellers but never did I feel the need to complain publicly after.

Thanks for giving me the last word, although I unfortunately expect another answer from you rehashing the same false insinuations.

I wish you a good night and a great week-end.