• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM 65 w/crease 8.0?

30 posts in this topic

I'm not really against CREAM's, in fact I just bought a CGC'd, creamy, 8.0 pre-hero/Atlas. :banana: This page quality was not the issue. It was the totality of the crease, the tear, the page quality and a few other very minor defects. I could see the 8.0 but that crease hung me out. I have seen other pre-hero /Atlas 8.0's with most of the above mentioned issue's, but that crease was a new one to me. (shrug)

I'm not really against CREAM's, in fact I just bought a CGC'd, creamy, 8.0 pre-hero/Atlas. :banana: This page quality was not the issue. It was the totality of the crease, the tear, the page quality and a few other very minor defects. I could see the 8.0 but that crease hung me out. I have seen other pre-hero /Atlas 8.0's with most of the above mentioned issue's, but that crease was a new one to me. (shrug)

It was not the cream that got my attention but the "tan". Tan is just too much unless it is a very difficult book to find, at least in my opinion. Other opinions may differ.

I usually go by the love at first site approach. Upon first seeing a book, if you get that warm and fuzzy feeling, buy it, otherwise pass on it. It's sounds like you made the correct decision. No matter what opinion the Boards would have given you, I don't think you really liked the book.

FYI, for the record, I would say 7.5, very acceptable for this genre but not with tan pages.

Lookd like a sharp book to me....but that's what I love about Metro...if you're not happy for ANY reason, the return is hassle free. I've only returned one book and it was technically graded OK...It just had some defects that I didn't like.It was a MIS 60 and still probably the nicest copy I'd ever seen of one of my fav covers.They still have some nice monster books and the prices aren't too bad. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Lookd like a sharp book to me....but that's what I love about Metro...if you're not happy for ANY reason, the return is hassle free. I've only returned one book and it was technically graded OK...It just had some defects that I didn't like. It was a MIS 60 and still probably the nicest copy I'd ever seen of one of my fav covers.They still have some nice monster books and the prices aren't too bad. GOD BLESS...

I think this is the point. When one leaves the rarified area of the high grade book, the type of defect that the collector is comfortable with, within the definition of the assigned grade, is what defines personal satisfaction.

Lookd like a sharp book to me....but that's what I love about Metro...if you're not happy for ANY reason, the return is hassle free. I've only returned one book and it was technically graded OK...It just had some defects that I didn't like. It was a MIS 60 and still probably the nicest copy I'd ever seen of one of my fav covers.They still have some nice monster books and the prices aren't too bad. GOD BLESS...

I think this is the point. When one leaves the rarified area of the high grade book, the type of defect that the collector is comfortable with, within the definition of the assigned grade, is what defines personal satisfaction.

It's true. If I am looking at an old book that has white pages and bright inks, I am not really bothered by minor peripheral wear.

You may want to check the sales threads if you're looking for another copy of this book...I just noticed that Tom has a nice-looking CGC-graded 7.0 for sale...

Which actually looks more like an 8.0 than the Metro copy.